• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The younger ones tend to look more mid to late-70s, the older ones early to mid. That works for 1976-77.

Gsvs5

Reaction score
There’s a Mohican in a Donkey jacket,a young lad in an cheap Budgie jacket and probably some piss poor Moss Side kid in his Sisters anorak.
I would imagine a lot of the young uns are wearing hand me downs and stuff that is well past their prime elsewhere.Some stuff is clearly dated as 1977,and my guess is others probably from ‘73.

Jimmy Balantyne

Reaction score
There’s a Mohican in a Donkey jacket,a young lad in an cheap Budgie jacket and probably some piss poor Moss Side kid in his Sisters anorak.
I would imagine a lot of the young uns are wearing hand me downs and stuff that is well past their prime elsewhere.Some stuff is clearly dated as 1977,and my guess is others probably from ‘73.

The Mohican's Donald. He was well known within football circles. He was predominantly Arsenal but went everywhere. Donald would get thrown in the fountains opposite the Sundown (by Centrepoint) at around 3am, when there was ****-all else to do. Not sure when he started popping up with United but he went with another one that had previously been Arsenal. Someone I knew was on remand years back and noticed this other fellow sitting nearby. Next thing he knows, Donald enters the visiting area with a Union Jacket wrapped around his shoulders. He and this other fellow spend the next twenty minutes speaking to each other in (bad) Scouse accents and chanting football songs across the table. True story. Donald's often spotted a gigs nowadays, half working tickets. He's a genuine character.

Last edited:

TomMc666

Reaction score
Donald in the hotel car park in Cleethorpes after our gig in Grimsby

25289342_10154903065176607_3980213994545083579_n.jpg

25348461_10154906222416607_6252822724825174192_n.jpg

catchourbreath

Reaction score
I've come to the realization that I need a sta-prest style pant. Purchased a nice pair of perma-prest lightweight work trousers which fit the bill but alas are NOS from 80s. What are some higher rise, straight leg options?

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think there are any, not as we understand them here (trouser, high rise, crease, hook closure, side pockets, two back pockets one buttoned, hemmed, belt loops)

Last edited:

catchourbreath

Reaction score
I guess authentic details are less important to me than the rise/leg cut. I vaguely recall Brooks Brothers perhaps had a model than was a close sell ?

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
I have the vintage levi sta prest pattern at Martin Greenfield. Go to fabric.com and look at the diversitex 50/50 poly cotton twill or find other fabric of your choice and I can order a pair for you. Satisfaction guaranteed.

caLLLL

Reaction score
I've been going through this thread lately and the Solovair Hawkins "astronaut" boots have caught my eye. Any word on how they fit? Any sizing comparisons to the MiE line of Dr. Martens? Thanks.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been going through this thread lately and the Solovair Hawkins "astronaut" boots have caught my eye. Any word on how they fit? Any sizing comparisons to the MiE line of Dr. Martens? Thanks.

I have the Solovair Hawkins in the brown(6-eye), but don’t have the MiE Docs to compare. I will say that the toe box is a little bit on the narrow side. Not crushingly so, but a little narrow. If you have wider than D-width feet you may want to size up a half-size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads