• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

ShortBackAndSides

Reaction score
Bank holiday cattle market, Cambridge, 1969. The start of Andy's Records,
cattle.jpg
who went on to have shops all down the East of the country before going bust. Are they bleached jeans I see on one of the customers? I'm not sure.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you see a "Skinhead" here in San Francisco wearing jeans that tight they are almost certainly trying to get stared at haha!
You live in a fantastic City , AYP. Been there a few times . My favourite film, Bullit , heavily features the place too . I have some friends up in Mendicino , it is good there too when the weather is fine. .not many skinheads knocking around there though. .:cool2:

LeviStubbsTears

Reaction score
Bank holiday cattle market, Cambridge, 1969. The start of Andy's Records, View attachment 805096 who went on to have shops all down the East of the country before going bust. Are they bleached jeans I see on one of the customers? I'm not sure.

Just looks more to me like the honeycomb fades that so many denim heads strive for.

Is the guy in the fishtail wearing a pair of smooth leather chukkas?

LeviStubbsTears

Reaction score
Looking into picking up some new shoes and, as one would expect from this forum I'm obsessing over details. I'm finding that most longwings have a slightly more pointed toe than shorter wingtips. I like the rounder toe, but would prefer it in the longing. The birdseye view is how I'll look at my shoes all night so it's what I notice more than anything. In the pic starting from the top is a pair of Alden's, Loake Royals and then my own pair of Hanovers. The Alden is what I find ideal, the Royal is a bit more pointed (or does it just look that way because of the wider welt?) and the difference is a lot more drastic on my own. The Alden is my ideal, but my potential price range maxes out at the Loake. Any suggestions in the <175 USD/135 GBP range?

unnamed.jpg

Kenny74

Reaction score
Bank holiday cattle market, Cambridge, 1969. The start of Andy's Records, View attachment 805096 who went on to have shops all down the East of the country before going bust. Are they bleached jeans I see on one of the customers? I'm not sure.
Looks like it to me, it's what one of my old mates called a "Subtle" bleach. He loved that look.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bloke in the middle wearing one of those thin plastic raincoats that were mentioned on here sometime (pac a mac?)

roytonboy

Reaction score
Cousin Susan's Wedding.jpg
First time iv'e seen a double breasted jacket being worn.

tumblr_o8xfyyGp3P1r6xmgco1_1280.jpg

It's a carry over from a previous look. Here I am wearing one at my cousin's wedding in August 1968 when they were very popular. The lad looks more mod than skinhead. Looking at the train timetable it appears to be Yorkshire, in which case the Harringtons would suggest 1971. Maybe the DB had originally belonged to the lad's older brother and he's just grown into it!

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking into picking up some new shoes and, as one would expect from this forum I'm obsessing over details. I'm finding that most longwings have a slightly more pointed toe than shorter wingtips. I like the rounder toe, but would prefer it in the longing. The birdseye view is how I'll look at my shoes all night so it's what I notice more than anything. In the pic starting from the top is a pair of Alden's, Loake Royals and then my own pair of Hanovers. The Alden is what I find ideal, the Royal is a bit more pointed (or does it just look that way because of the wider welt?) and the difference is a lot more drastic on my own. The Alden is my ideal, but my potential price range maxes out at the Loake. Any suggestions in the <175 USD/135 GBP range?

View attachment 805213

Longwing with a rounded toe + low price range = Dr. Martens longwings. Cos other than that, you are defo looking at Alden for the roundest.
Check out Allen Edmonds and Bostonian, too. Etsy and eBay sometims yield NOS or at least minimally-used shoes from now-defunct companies like Barrie, Bedford Suyvesant(sp?), et cetera.

Donkey Jacket

Reaction score
View attachment 805275

It's a carry over from a previous look. Here I am wearing one at my cousin's wedding in August 1968 when they were very popular. The lad looks more mod than skinhead. Looking at the train timetable it appears to be Yorkshire, in which case the Harringtons would suggest 1971. Maybe the DB had originally belonged to the lad's older brother and he's just grown into it!

Looking very smart there RB, i do think the double breasted suits look very smart, perhaps something to consider sometime for a change from the 3 button.

I didn't notice the Yorkshire timetable either, nice find.

LeviStubbsTears

Reaction score
LeviStubbsTears, got some Loake Royals early last year for £130 from https://www.discount-shoe-sales.com/contact.html if thats helpful

Thanks Tom, I might give them a call but I probably have to find a U.S. stockiest as shipping from the UK here to B.F.E. costs a fortune.

Longwing with a rounded toe + low price range = Dr. Martens longwings. Cos other than that, you are defo looking at Alden for the roundest.
Check out Allen Edmonds and Bostonian, too. Etsy and eBay sometims yield NOS or at least minimally-used shoes from now-defunct companies like Barrie, Bedford Suyvesant(sp?), et cetera.

Sadly, the only pairs of black leather shoes I have are some CG (which refuse to take a polish no matter what I do) wingtips with a commando sole, some weejuns that pinch my toe and some really beat up MiE DM Gibsons. I really should own a pair of leather or dainite soled black shoes. I think I'm just going to keep scouring Ebay and Etsy for deals.

Does anyone know how the modern Florsheim Kenmoor stacks up quality wise against the Royal?

Bela Kun

Reaction score
Can't insert photos from my hard drive in this forum anymore. When I click 'image' I only get the option to paste an image URL. This new format keeps changing every day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads