• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Inkss

Reaction score
Nice one , love it. .
At this rate of progression, Royal Alloy must have an all metal Series i or LD-alike in the pipeline. Maybe they're be a bit too niche. But if they knock up one like this
s1.jpeg

I'll seriously think about buying one. If only to look at.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't guess, but John Cooper Clarke's influences are "people like Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis – that kind of American, smart, preppy look. Ivy League suits and three button coats – things that you might buy at John Simons".

John Cooper Clarke: 'I've dressed the same way since 1965'
I believe that he was once a Mod, looks more like a scarecrow crossed with Ronnie Wood nowadays. Saw him about 25 years ago in Manchester, a very clever and witty man.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At this rate of progression, Royal Alloy must have an all metal Series i or LD-alike in the pipeline. Maybe they're be a bit too niche. But if they knock up one like this
View attachment 1327101

I'll seriously think about buying one. If only to look at.
An unusual look as it seems to have been burnished rather than chromed , l think a bit of paint would improve it but it is still a beauty. My father owned that model in a sort of beige colour , he used to regale me with stories about it and l remember him telling me that when he bought it the sidepanels were optional ,at extra cost of course . .

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that he was once a Mod, looks more like a scarecrow crossed with Ronnie Wood nowadays. Saw him about 25 years ago in Manchester, a very clever and witty man.
I remember seeing him in NME c1979 and he certainly looked like a Mod then. .

Last edited:

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is still an old law, that allows you to shoot a Welsh man with a bow and arrow within the city walls of York.
I used to work just North of York, and we had a Welsh man in the office who could be a real pain ***********, and we used to threaten him with the old law, one bloke even brought in a toy bow and arrow and used to fire it at him, until he got pissed off and snapped it in half, he got very Welsh when he was angry.
When I worked down the pit, a load of Welsh lads came from North Wales after their pit closed down, and at first only spoke in Welsh so that we couldn't understand them. They were a good bunch of lads and we soon got them talking properly in Yorkshire.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've met JCC a few times. The last time we met we discovered that we had both been at the same Ben E King gig at the Twisted Wheel in 1968!

2015-06-09 me and JCC 1.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads