• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

p.nut

Reaction score
Good on you, nice that it fits your build.
Yeah definetly. I was always on the look for a perfect harrington which doesnt look cheap! I honestly think most harringtons just look cheap and mostly bad. I heard the real hoxton ones are good too...

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah definetly. I was always on the look for a perfect harrington which doesnt look cheap! I honestly think most harringtons just look cheap and mostly bad. I heard the real hoxton ones are good too...

Yeah, they do look good. A step up from Relco, etc. I still have a couple Baracuta jackets from before they were bought out by that Italian company, and they fit me much better than the new. The new ones do not. Sleeves are too skinny, and the cuffs are too wide. The arms are too long for me. I do like the material though.
For the “higher end“ Harrington jackets, I like the Grenfell ones, they fit me and they’re clearly made from some classy material.

p.nut

Reaction score
Yeah, they do look good. A step up from Relco, etc. I still have a couple Baracuta jackets from before they were bought out by that Italian company, and they fit me much better than the new. The new ones do not. Sleeves are too skinny, and the cuffs are too wide. The arms are too long for me. I do like the material though.
For the “higher end“ Harrington jackets, I like the Grenfell ones, they fit me and they’re clearly made from some classy material.
For me they fit awesome but im a skinny guy with long arms. So fit-wise this is a dream come true.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good to see the thread still alive. You may want to vote in the summer jacket Friday Challenge poll 😊

Reggae Mike

Reaction score

Good to see the thread still alive. You may want to vote in the summer jacket Friday Challenge poll 😊
Always a pleasure to read your posts Mr.K. Im sure you have my vote, as you never fail to impress.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Thanks for the votes guys, so my job is now to put a new Friday Challenge up and here it is…
Plenty of movies with mods, suedeheads, no?

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been around for a while...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HADN'T NOTICED! Well really!

Anyhow, I've been busy as hell and also a bit unwell. Haven't shaken off the illness yet, and the busy period is set to continue for a good while. But...

Do I still plan to bring out 'the book'? Yes. Is is any closer to being ready? No, a small handful of setbacks haven't helped. Is it going to be any good even when it does come out? Not as good as I'd hoped, probably better than I think.

I'll let you know. Sorry for delay after delay after delay after delay. Wish I could have got it done in 2019, but if wishes were horses beggars would ride.

[PS. Even though I ticked the box for alerts, I still get no notifications of replies or quotes.]

p.nut

Reaction score

Anyhow, I've been busy as hell and also a bit unwell. Haven't shaken off the illness yet, and the busy period is set to continue for a good while. But...

Do I still plan to bring out 'the book'? Yes. Is is any closer to being ready? No, a small handful of setbacks haven't helped. Is it going to be any good even when it does come out? Not as good as I'd hoped, probably better than I think.

I'll let you know. Sorry for delay after delay after delay after delay. Wish I could have got it done in 2019, but if wishes were horses beggars would ride.

[PS. Even though I ticked the box for alerts, I still get no notifications of replies or quotes.]
This is literally insane. I guess your first post here was 2009 and your still here. This is record worthy haha. May I ask what the book will be about? skinhead style and stories from 69? I would really dig this book.

Reggae Mike

Reaction score

Prayers for a swift recovery, Father Mystery. Would love to get my hands on one of those books, but youve given so much already.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Podcast dropped. This one's oriented to 100% funk (it had to happen - Kate and I have been talking about it for some time). Planning classic soul again next time.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is literally insane. I guess your first post here was 2009 and your still here. This is record worthy haha. May I ask what the book will be about? skinhead style and stories from 69? I would really dig this book.
It literally is that - style and stories from 1969, mainly text, few illustrations, foreword by Don Letts. It has been on the back burner for too long (I was doing a PhD, and now I'm an academic researcher, writer, editor, reviewer, which is a bloody laugh considering what a layabout I was in 69!) and is now beset by practical problems I won't bore you with.

DougDevious

Reaction score
20240711_150017.jpg
wore pretty much the same outfit as my last post today, but taking the advice @Thin White Duke gave me to do a more 'robust' knot as well as a more standout tie

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
secretdiet