• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Donkey Jacket

Reaction score
Strange question, but has anyone ot any idea how lighten certain parts of a pair of polycotton trousers? bought some of those british lightweight trousers and they decided to send me a pair with the side pocket, successfully removed it but now i have a dark patch where the pocket used to be.

People online are saying bleach but that sounds kind of dangerous.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strange question, but has anyone ot any idea how lighten certain parts of a pair of polycotton trousers? bought some of those british lightweight trousers and they decided to send me a pair with the side pocket, successfully removed it but now i have a dark patch where the pocket used to be.

Just wear 'em, I can't see anything other than UV eventually evening out the colour without messing it up.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Leave 'em out in the sun(or in a window that gets a decent amount of sun), with just the pocket areas exposed, for a week's worth of UV rays.
Had a pair of Adidas California reissues whose suede was waaaay too orange, so I left them in the cellar bulkhead fitted with a storm door, and they faded nicely after a couple weeks.

Donkey Jacket

Reaction score
In all honestly it might just be easier for me to buy another pair next week(even tho the shop i ordered from had a picture of the ones without the pocket instead of with one, wasnt the shop i linked here either) and specifically ask for ones without, i think i like the cut on them more compared to the american trousers though, they are higher waisted but seem to be slimmer fitting.

Donkey Jacket

Reaction score
Upper crust monkey boots, i still have blisters from walking 10 miles in my grafters monkey boots, they take some breaking in.

benj84

Reaction score

In all honestly it might just be easier for me to buy another pair next week(even tho the shop i ordered from had a picture of the ones without the pocket instead of with one, wasnt the shop i linked here either) and specifically ask for ones without, i think i like the cut on them more compared to the american trousers though, they are higher waisted but seem to be slimmer fitting.
agree with botolph, but look around. You will find a pair without pockets too. Covskin has good point too

Donkey Jacket

Reaction score
Found a seller who has em pretty cheap in good condition on ebay, only just realized you can add a note when purchasing stuff off ebay too so i should get the correct ones this time, its always good to have two pairs of the same trousers to be honest. i would post ther ebay link here but this forum does not like em for some reason.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IlonaLizer