• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mister Freedom by Sugar Cane (TOYO)

aypeeone

Reaction score
I love the short jacket, but I live in Florida so that jacket would probably only get maybe 3 months of wear max every year.

It was 87 degrees today but I still managed to wear my cpo, albeit a bit uncomfortable.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually think the shore jacket keeps me cooler on a summer day. The denim is a very open weave so breeze gets through, and the light color reflects the sun well. but, the design isn't for everyone...

aypeeone

Reaction score
Yeah, not so sure I could pull that look off with the jacket but really love the design and white denim.

I'm kicking myself for not picking up a pair of those shore shorts though, I came so close and had them them in my cart on self edge but didnt pull the trigger
facepalm.gif

aypeeone

Reaction score
Damn, awesome man! Now I must figure out how to order, any tips on how to do so? Never ordered from rakuten before.

Also, is it true all mfsc pieces from japan are one wash?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of them are one wash, but that reverse denim is sanforized. Christophe has exclusive distribution rights to the raw stuff, as far as I understand. Some, but not many, Rakuten shops will take direct orders, but it's hard to figure out. Sutocorp is only 8% proxy fee http://sutocorp.com/buyingservice/ PM 'akuma no uta' on sufu to see if he can help you with ordering before you proxy if you want.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^lol. There was a guy on sufu describing his jeans from Japan as the 'onnuwashu' version.

jdomin2

Reaction score
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=120508

Hide is a wonderful proxy. I actually got a pair of sz 30 shore shorts like a month ago. I highly recommend both him and the shorts. They are amazing, especially for the south Louisiana climate.

I found the measurements on my shorts to be different from selfedge's. The waist was very close to 15" on the 30.

aypeeone

Reaction score
Yep I actually did email Hide last night and he responded insanely fast. Processsed and finished the transaction in like 15 minutes via email

Really excited to get them

I didn't even look at the measurements on selfedges site, I went by what bananafish had listed up and went with the 32, I'm pretty sure the fit should be perfect

Casual

Reaction score
Could someone please direct me to a size 42 Foul Weather Coat?
I also had a sizing question about that one. I saw the measurements on Self Edge and the size 40 is 23" pit to pit. Is it as big as it sounds? Thanks.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At this point, it's not going to be easy at all to find one. You'd be better of going with a Buzz Rickson Deck Jacket, which is very similar but has "US NAVY" on the back. And, it's half the price.
deckhook_mont.jpg

Casual

Reaction score
Thanks for the BR link, but I'm not a fan of the elasticized waist and USN on the back. Does anyone know how the Foul Weather Coat sizes up?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads