• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Matt's Giant Endorsement of RM Williams service....

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I am loving RM Williams right now....

Was back in Australia at the start of the year. Picked up some boots at the Sydney store on a promo with a jacket that looks and feels a lot like my Barbour.

A couple of months go by and I have a small issue with one shoe - a popping sound out of the left heel.

I swap some emails with the guy in the service center (who as it turns out, grew up about 5 mins from where I did) and send them back via George (a fellow Aussie SFer who happened to be up in Vietnam a few months ago).

RM resoles them both, polishes them to where I thought they were new and DHLs them back to me...

A couple months goes by, and I start to hear a faint 'popping' sound from the left heel again. Not as bad as before, but definitely a recurrence. I drop a line to the guy I'd been in touch with, and a couple days later get a call:

'Dude, we're sorry, we're sending you a new pair. I'm supposed to ask you to send the old ones back, but since you're all the way over there and we don't want you out of pocket on the returns, next time you're back in Australia, or have a friend coming back, drop them in that way."

I mention that VN can be evil on import duties, and he says 'I'll mark them as warranty replacements with no commercial value, but if they hit you with any import duties, let us know, and we will sort that out next time you're in Australia'....

How great is that?

I am now a lifetime customer....

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Damn. I've always wanted to try their boots out. That round the world shipping always made it not worth the hassle. Maybe the customer service would make up for the extra cost.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Have to say that dealing with the guys on this end has been a pleasure ... makes me wonder why other Aussie retailers lost their way when it comes to customer service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads