• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Margaret Howell/MHL

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the one. The person I spoke to said it was unlikely that it would be part of the men's line. Women's might work as an all gender option, but it is tough to say until seeing measurements...
thats disappointing to hear. womens version might work but in past seasons when i've tried there's a slightly more fitted/ less columnar shape.

bloom

Reaction score
They do look very nice. I’ve wanted a pair of black sneakers like these, or the previous seasons gtx, for several years, but being a size UK10 (EU 44.5 in sneakers) I’m starting to think I’ll have to find something other than these Mizuno collabs. Anyone have suggestions?

Speaking of sizes and their weirdness: I got the MHL sandals, which are surprisingly nice, but very small sizes. 11 are just about big enough, after a bit of break in.

Hi, by the way.

bloom

Reaction score
Also, did anyone here get a pair of the mainline drawstring trousers (or similar iteration from previous years)? Was wondering how they are, hard to get a feel from the photos.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of the slant pocket trousers in heavy linen from mainline.
They're great.
Straight leg and long inseam but the linen lets them pool pretty pleasingly and is heavy enough to hold a cuff too.

bloom

Reaction score
I have a pair of the slant pocket trousers in heavy linen from mainline.
They're great.
Straight leg and long inseam but the linen lets them pool pretty pleasingly and is heavy enough to hold a cuff too.
That’s very helpful, thanks! Considering getting a pair.
Do you size them the same as other trousers?

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to move my mainline Linen raglan sweater. It’s a beautiful piece but it hasn’t seen much wear (probably 3-4 times) so I figured I’d see if someone else would give it more love.

5EA90CC0-2647-4548-8F1E-31FCF876C69A.jpeg

890B0039-EDF5-4F0A-B401-75D347BBB85F.jpeg

471B2C36-3712-43C0-8EF3-F6FCA8170D12.jpeg
I believe it retailed around $550, looking for $175 shipped in US/Can.

Measures- 24” PTP & 30” in length, but I would say it fits oversized large/ XL as it’s pretty stretchy due to the knit.

sandmountain

Reaction score

sandmountain

Reaction score
Lookbooks in Japan have been up for a little while already.

bloom

Reaction score
I very much like that they make one lookbook. To my eyes, most of what’s interesting in a lookbook doesn’t benefit much from being gendered. Cut, however, I have to admit often does, and I have noticed that when clothes migrate between categories, it’s always from “men’s” to “women’s”.

Speaking of which, does anyone know whether there’ll be a men’s version of the lovely MHL indigo outfit(s) that just released for women? I’d get a lot of wear out of a jacket and matching trousers just like that.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did visit Wigmore St. last week but didn't look at the Railway Mac, not sure if they had one in and didn't have time to visit MHL. Went to the Sample Sale on Tuesday, now at new smaller venue, menswear was very thin on the ground in terms of quantity and sizes . I managed to pick up a few pieces but it was a struggle finding stuff, not sure if I'd go again (I've been a regular for over 10 years). They didn't have a Sample Sale in the Spring due to lack of past-season stock – a direct result of the opening of Margaret St..

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellybalance