• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maison Bonnet

epsilon22

Reaction score
Acetate. Paid with my credit card to have no FX fees and then reimbursed myself through my HSA.
Wow, a bit steep but I can probably justify it more easily than bespoke tailoring since I usually only have 1-2 pairs of glasses at a time so they get a lot more hours than clothing items.

I'll probably pay them a visit next time I have a trip to Europe just to see their models. So far I've been happy with my acetate pair from four nines but I'm curious what higher end glasses are like.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, a bit steep but I can probably justify it more easily than bespoke tailoring since I usually only have 1-2 pairs of glasses at a time so they get a lot more hours than clothing items.

I'll probably pay them a visit next time I have a trip to Europe just to see their models. So far I've been happy with my acetate pair from four nines but I'm curious what higher end glasses are like.
For me, getting bespoke glasses was worth it. I could never get a pair that fit my face properly and this was the first time I could wear glasses all day without having to adjust them on my face or clean them.

epsilon22

Reaction score
My glasses fit fine until one day some random TSA officer told me to take off my glasses for security check at an airport, proceeded to open my backpack and put it right on top of my glasses, bending one of the temple hinges.

I slowly nudged it back to place, but I'll definitely take it back for proper repair next time I come across one of their stores (none in the US unfortunately).

vegancrabcakes

Reaction score
I spent like $2500 for my glasses including lenses. Started in 2022 and completed in early 2023.
Thanks for the info! Expensive, but cheaper than E.B. Meyrowitz. I have a pair of bespoke acetate frames from E.B. Meyrowitz; the frames were £1850 and lenses were around £700, so around $3500 USD total. To me, it looks like the level of finishing (especially the beveling) might be higher on Maison Bonnet frames. Fitting process seems more involved as well.

I also went for bespoke frames because I had trouble finding well-fitting frames off the rack. I have a big head and low nose bridge, which limits my off-the-rack options to Silhouette or Lindberg-type frames with flexible temples and nose pads that are easily adjustable. My experience is that you can typically get a very good fit with a brand like Lindberg. They offer different frame sizes, temple lengths, colors, and are readily available around the $1000 mark (cheaper with insurance). If you like the look of chunky acetate or horn, or want an unusual design (such as the Corbusier or Saint Laurent style), bespoke is the way to go as these types of frames are harder to adjust and you want them to just fit right to begin with. However, the prices for bespoke frames are really going through the roof these days.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jazzy1