• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 4

bcate3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
No way Don commits suicide. I think it will end with him sitting in a wood-paneled diner listening to a Journey song.

lol8[1].gif

just read this.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could totally see Don as being one of those Korean War vet guys who in his 60s starts taking R&R pleasure/nostalgia trips back to Korea. Either that or he ends up in a bar in Thailand somewhere...

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
I could totally see Don as being one of those Korean War vet guys who in his 60s starts taking R&R pleasure/nostalgia trips back to Korea. Either that or he ends up in a bar in Thailand somewhere...

He does like being slapped by hookers.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Except that his korean experience consisted of being almost blown up while sort of building a hospital and then committing a serious act of fraud to GTFO.

Monaco

Reaction score
Don is imploding, I think we're going to see a breakdown this season and he starts to come back together soon after.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Same impression to. He is losing his mask. He needs a new [proper] pad and a new trophy girl to go steady with. Forget his ex and his kids. That would be very Don-like and would get him back in his groove.

By the way, has anyone noticed Pete Campbell has some major **** over Don's head and has never used it against him?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
^ Same impression to. He is losing his mask. He needs a new [proper] pad and a new trophy girl to go steady with. Forget his ex and his kids. That would be very Don-like and would get him back in his groove.

By the way, has anyone noticed Pete Campbell has some major **** over Don's head and has never used it against him?

What ****?

Sure, he could go more public (to the media and such) but he already took it to Cooper and got shot down. If he went public, all it would serve to do is show him outwardly as unloyal as well as bring down the firm that he works for. Also, what does he know? He knows that Don is really Dick...but what else? He doesn't know that the real Don was a dead soldier and that current don is a deserter although it was hinted at.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

campbell's a partner now... he's got points on the company if it does well - he cuts himself down if he rocks the boat.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Except that his korean experience consisted of being almost blown up while sort of building a hospital and then committing a serious act of fraud to GTFO.

Right, nothing but good times.

Not Campbell, but I was thinking whether he cares that Betty has all the info (more certain than Pete's) and doesn't want to leave the house he wants to kick her out of or charge her rent for.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not Campbell, but I was thinking whether he cares that Betty has all the info (more certain than Pete's) and doesn't want to leave the house he wants to kick her out of or charge her rent for.

I don't mean to be a chavinist but keeping with the times, who's going to listen to a bitter housewife who has discrminating details about Draper? As Cooper told Campbell in season 1, "Who cares?" Draper will be who he makes himself to be as long as he does good interviews, and does the occasional good campaign.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
Did anyone else think she looks like Sarah Silverman?

That was the first thing I thought when I saw her....

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
She totally grosses me out. Everything about her. The clothes, the smirk, the silly strut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads