• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men: Final Season

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would nail that hart girl and her friends. Also congrats everyone! We've been watching the world's most convoluted melodrama. Yay.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. That couldn't have been worse. I mean on just about every level that was crap. The Peggy Stan bit was cute, but thats about it.

I dont think I could put MM in any kind of top list for TV series after that.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was alright. I liked the smile at the end as he gets an idea for the coke commercial.

There wasn't enough time left for much more. Him dying stopped being a possibility a few episodes ago.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was like waiting 71 minutes for something to happen and it never did. The closest I got to getting interested was when I thought maybe just maybe he might go back to nyc to be a dad to his kids and make up for being a crap dad/person and pick up after himself and all his messes...

Looks like the idea was just to show him stripped of his earthy things and starting fresh. Via a super cliché California hippy group. And his great awakening brought to you by the most awkward randon man hug after the most random refrigerator monologue of all time. Bravo. Super creative.

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I interpreted the ending as him going back to New York. His experience in California being the inspiration for the coke commercial.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serious question. Did the creators, writers and actors of MM really think that was a great ending? Im honestly curious.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I interpreted the ending as him going back to New York. His experience in California being the inspiration for the coke commercial.

Not how it appeared to me. But maybe I missed that. I thought it was the juxtaposition of what was happening back in NYC and what was happening with Don. But I was pretty fed up so I doubt I was giving the show the proper attention to pick up on it. : (

upthewazzu

Reaction score

Who knows where he went, but wherever it was, he came up with that damn Coke commercial!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Peggy also said "you always come back" when she was on the phone with him. I could be wrong, but it ending with the commercial was what lead me to believe he went back.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Peggy also said "you always come back" when she was on the phone with him. I could be wrong, but it ending with the commercial was what lead me to believe he went back.
I think this is right. As Stan said (or something like it), he's a survivor so stop worrying about him already. He got in touch with his feelings, almost had a meltdown, and came back again, just like he's done before. Only with some hippyshit inspiration.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that is what happened thats still a super lame ending in my book. It's almost a non ending. Idk. Whatever it was it was nothing great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads