• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I don't consider the up-charge out of the ordinary either, but I was surprised to see that the stock MOP buttons are noticeably cheaper looking than say, a Charles Tyrwhitt or TM Lewin shirt.

BernieL

Reaction score
@Blake Stitched Blues My ProperCloth dress shirts with standard Roma resin buttons look better than Luxire's standard MOP buttons.

This wouldn't be an issue if Luxire didn't put this on their website: "Today, Luxire shirts are probably the best made in the world. Each process followed is the best known, each item and trim are among the best available in the market. We use only the highest grade materials for our clothing, threads, interlinings, natural buttons, ensuring the sharpest look and most comfortable fit. Each garment is hand finished, each aspect is quality checked before being shipped to you."

When a company positions itself as a premier maker, it's pretty serious when its own standard MOP buttons are overshadowed by regular Roma resin buttons offered by lower end MTM.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would get about 50 resin buttons for the price of one of our standard MOP buttons. Our buttons are made by Gritti in Italy, best manufacturer of premium buttons in the world. They are the made of river shell, which are whiter and hence work well for business shirts.

The premium options can certainly be ordered for the extra fee.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Green Yellow Blue Tartan Checks Twill

* 100% Cotton.
* Luxire Button Down Collar.
* One Button Rounded Cuff.
* No Pleat.
* Standard Pocket.
* White Mother of Pearl Button.
* Split Yoke.
* Coat Curve Bottom.

#31075_1.jpg

#31075_2.jpg

#31075_3.jpg

Last edited:

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Maroon Flannel

* Camp Lapel Collar.
* One Button Rounded Cuff.
* Side Pleat.
* Standard Pocket.
* No Pocket.
* Standard Placket.
* Split Yoke.
* Curved Bottom.
* No Gusset.
* Thick Mother of Pearl Button.

#31959_1.jpg

#31959_2.jpg

#31959_3.jpg

#31959_4.jpg

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire last year you made me a wonderful linen hoodie. I have asked before but I will ask again - have you had any luck sourcing linen jersey fabric or linen with some stretch? As much as I love my linen hoodie it has limited mobility due to the lack of stretch.
Are you looking for 100% linen? I had a popover made from a 70% linen/30% cotton blend pique that might suit.

View media item 2293321
View media item 2293323

Thrifter

Reaction score
Are you looking for 100% linen? I had a popover made from a 70% linen/30% cotton blend pique that might suit.

View media item 2293321
View media item 2293323

Thanks - part of the reason for my choosing linen was for the warm weather performance, so this option might work for hot weather. Although pique linen doesn't necessarily have the classic linen look. A stretchy linen broadcloth would probably suit my needs best assuming it hasn't lost the hot weather wearability.

BernieL

Reaction score
I would get about 50 resin buttons for the price of one of our standard MOP buttons. Our buttons are made by Gritti in Italy, best manufacturer of premium buttons in the world. They are the made of river shell, which are whiter and hence work well for business shirts.

The premium options can certainly be ordered for the extra fee.

@luxire Thanks for the reply. Simon wrote that Ashish is planning to upgrade the cheaper variation river shell buttons Luxire currently uses, can you confirm? I'm sure we all appreciate Luxire sourcing from Gritti, but the end result is a button that looks like white plastic. I hope Luxire embraces the general consensus regarding the standard buttons as an opportunity for improvement. Maybe changing the button shade, perhaps?

Also, would it be possible to ask for thicker, higher quality side tab adjustors? The standard ones are brittle and flimsy - mine broke after 4 months of wear. Higher grade YKK zippers would also be nice. Here is an example of a more durable adjustor:
upload_2018-12-6_11-1-52.png

And lastly, can we get a response regarding the bar tack stitching? I don't think it's a coincidence that Simon & I both have loose tack stitching in our pants - I can fit a pair of chopsticks through mine. Is Ashish aware of this?

I look forward to hearing your response, thank you.

upload_2018-12-6_11-1-47.png

Quesjac

Reaction score
@luxire Thanks for the reply. Simon wrote that Ashish is planning to upgrade the cheaper variation river shell buttons Luxire currently uses, can you confirm? I'm sure we all appreciate Luxire sourcing from Gritti, but the end result is a button that looks like white plastic. I hope Luxire embraces the general consensus regarding the standard buttons as an opportunity for improvement. Maybe changing the button shade, perhaps?

Suggest you try the premium buttons and report back to us? I have tried various ones from Luxire, mostly equal or better to my Zegna, etc shirts. I liked the old comically thick ones, if only because you could instantly spot someone else wearing the same. The troca on Charles Tyrwhitt and the like is much less appealing to me. But you may like to know you can also supply your own buttons and Lux will attach, I know a guy who does that.

I have not had these problems with side adjusters or bar tacks, but that's not to say you haven't. For what it's worth plenty of my trousers from other vendors have the same design. If this other design is better I'd be interested to know more?

Finally the 'Simon and I' thing is a bit weird; it's fine to bring your views without citing his, I think most people here read that review he did.

jacobftww

Reaction score
And lastly, can we get a response regarding the bar tack stitching? I don't think it's a coincidence that Simon & I both have loose tack stitching in our pants - I can fit a pair of chopsticks through mine. Is Ashish aware of this?
I also have this problem.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received my luxire tuxedo shirt. Can someone explain to me what this pocket / opening is called? Why is there?

CABCE369-1C94-4C15-BE6A-25A1C9394668.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads