• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
About the new site, my account doesn't seem to work, is this just me?
Also on the pants measurements the lowest for ankle opening that can be selected is 10, but I would like to select lower. It is automatically lower than ten when measurements are calculated, but cannot be adjusted. Will this be changed?
Thanks. Site looks good!

Thank you. Will get the ankle opening measurement checked.

Old accounts will not work for now. When we do the soft, initial release, the old accounts will still not work. The old site will remain functional though. After new site stabilizes, we will pause the old website and migrate all accounts, order information.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To luxire or any1 else:

can any1 kind of describe the differences when you add a "light" lining to collar band?......

is it really felt?, does it stand up better w/o a tie?.......Im torn whether or not to add it to my second order.

I prefer softish collars overall.......I dont wear ties....but I dont like collars that have zero body...

my first order was a nakamura style bd in denim w/ no lining at all....I like it.

my next order will be an english spread...and Im wondering about a light lining.

thnx

flvinny521

Reaction score
@luxire Just a comment on the beta site: all of the scrolling banner images at the top of the main page are very casual/streetwear oriented. Is this the majority of your business, or a new market on which you're focusing? It would be cool to see some of the classic menswear type garments featured up there as well.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Just a comment on the beta site: all of the scrolling banner images at the top of the main page are very casual/streetwear oriented. Is this the majority of your business, or a new market on which you're focusing? It would be cool to see some of the classic menswear type garments featured up there as well.

Well said, thank you.
*We have saved some such banners for when we go live. Comparatively more difficult to come by.
*Chinos, jeans, denim shirts, chambrays are items we make quite a lot. A lot of customers are getting casual clothing made from us. The fit and quality of our jeans are well regarded.

Bazsy

Reaction score
@luxire are you going to implement some sort of review function on the new website? Maybe being able to sort on popularity?
I use that function a lot to choose the most popular material within a color range or style.
Also is there any way to implement sorting on the manufacturer? Brembana for example makes some pretty good materials that I would like to see all to be able to choose the same quality in other colors.
As an alternative could you compile a list of all materials they deliver that is on the old site? I'm sort of at the point of trashing every shirt I didn't buy from you and have been ordering a lot recently.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire are you going to implement some sort of review function on the new website? Maybe being able to sort on popularity?
I use that function a lot to choose the most popular material within a color range or style.
Also is there any way to implement sorting on the manufacturer? Brembana for example makes some pretty good materials that I would like to see all to be able to choose the same quality in other colors.
As an alternative could you compile a list of all materials they deliver that is on the old site? I'm sort of at the point of trashing every shirt I didn't buy from you and have been ordering a lot recently.

1. Review function: Yes, will be added, like the one we have from Yotpo currently.
2. Sort by review: Not planned yet but can be given a thought. What we are adding is a recommendation engine that will factor in what is liked and what is popular.
3. Sort by mill: It is kind of there. We can first search for the keyword, like Brembana. There, we have our page with all Brembana fabrics. Then we can use the filters on the side to drill down to what we would like.
Using the search function, we can filter to create our own collections.
The search along with the side filters should allow us to drill down to individual fabrics. We have designed it that way and hope it will be useful.
4. We tried linking old fabrics to the new site but could not do a great job. With the new site, we started work on creating fabric data afresh. This was done to keep the criteria and terminology consistent.

Even with its flaws, the old site was nice in its quirky ways. We may have to forego some of that when we migrate to the new site.

Bazsy

Reaction score
1. Review function: Yes, will be added, like the one we have from Yotpo currently.
2. Sort by review: Not planned yet but can be given a thought. What we are adding is a recommendation engine that will factor in what is liked and what is popular.
3. Sort by mill: It is kind of there. We can first search for the keyword, like Brembana. There, we have our page with all Brembana fabrics. Then we can use the filters on the side to drill down to what we would like.
Using the search function, we can filter to create our own collections.
The search along with the side filters should allow us to drill down to individual fabrics. We have designed it that way and hope it will be useful.
4. We tried linking old fabrics to the new site but could not do a great job. With the new site, we started work on creating fabric data afresh. This was done to keep the criteria and terminology consistent.

Even with its flaws, the old site was nice in its quirky ways. We may have to forego some of that when we migrate to the new site.
Sounds good!
I tried and the search for Brembana do work on the old site. Funny how I now see that I choose their fabrics before even when I did not search for that. Any chance you source more variants from them in the future?
Also will this type of search work on the new site?

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
#22037_2.jpg #22037_1.jpg
Dark Indigo Denim Chambray

Shorts in 100% cotton denim.

Features: Jeans style closure with Side metal adjusters.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds good!
I tried and the search for Brembana do work on the old site. Funny how I now see that I choose their fabrics before even when I did not search for that. Any chance you source more variants from them in the future?
Also will this type of search work on the new site?

I don't think they make much cloth, if any, in Italy any more. What we have is our prized possession. Enjoy while it lasts.

I will check with if there is some stock somewhere we can buy.

Search will work on all words that are part of the name of the fabric and also the tags we add. We may extend the search to description later.

Thrifter

Reaction score
Those shorts are awesome!! Looks like someone sent in Orlebar Brown trunks to be copied. @luxire if this is the case, what waist size was used as a reference?

If they didn't cost as much as regular pants I would definitely buy more. Yes I understand why they are priced that way but it's a mental barrier for me (even though I've already ordered several pairs of shorts).

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads