• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have anything like this colour, preferably in a heavy cotton drill/twill or flannel?
received_10154486585288202.jpeg

joeds

Reaction score
Those are the two main things that I would try as well, althought .75 seems a little high for the crotch inseam. But they'd know better than I would.

I think paxonus is right that the thigh looks a little tight and the length a little short (just 1-2 inches imo), but both are a question of style as much as fit.

Thank you.

What fabric is this?

It's Brisbane moss fawn green twill.

https://luxire.com/products/brisbane-moss-fawn-green-twill

brokencycle

Reaction score
What's the status on the new website? I remember playing around with the beta a bit a few months ago, but it looks like it hasn't gone production yet.

Bruges

Reaction score
I'm having a brown suede leather jacket in a cafe racer style made and Luxire was so kind to make up the trial jacket from a blue cotton of a similar weight as the suede leather. Could not be happier so far. This trial jacket is well on it's way to being part of my regular rotation.

Of course the denim and the shirt are Luxire as well ;D
Great to see! Could you share with us more about the jeans: what fabric it is and did you ask for any treatment of the fabric?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What's the status on the new website? I remember playing around with the beta a bit a few months ago, but it looks like it hasn't gone production yet.

We had a long cycle of getting the fabrics in there. That is now done. We are doing the testing now. No release date in mind yet but should not be very far.

aj805

Reaction score
I think you would want to increase the "half-hip" and rear rise measurements in order to alleviate the tightness and wedgie effect. I'd pass these pictures to Luxire email and they will make an appropriate recommendation, but I'd guess about 0.5" and 1.0" respectively. Although you feel that there is too much material in the front I would probably also increase the front rise slightly to better balance with the fuller cut down the legs. I believe the seated bunching comes with the territory of higher rise fit.

It looks like you don't have anything on your waistband to hold the trousers up--daks, adjusters, belt loops or braces?

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Great to see! Could you share with us more about the jeans: what fabric it is and did you ask for any treatment of the fabric?

It's this fabric, they are really fantastic. I bought more than one pair.

https://luxire.com/collections/pants/products/luxire-selvedge-custom-jeans

Regarding the look of the jeans, I didn't specify any treatment. Though I have to reluctantly admit that I wash my selvedge jeans regularly and don't subscribe to the whole never wash your jeans just put them in the freezer kool aid. I'm sure I'm shunned now by the SW&D community.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having a brown suede leather jacket in a cafe racer style made and Luxire was so kind to make up the trial jacket from a blue cotton of a similar weight as the suede leather. Could not be happier so far. This trial jacket is well on it's way to being part of my regular rotation.

View attachment 132893 View attachment 132894 View attachment 132895 View attachment 132896

Of course the denim and the shirt are Luxire as well ;D
Jacket looks fantastic. How did you dial the fit?

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
#22119_2.jpg

#22119_1.jpg

Dugdale Mocklino Hopsack: Navy

Suit jacket constructed in soft super 120̥s wool in the warp with 100% summer kid mohair in the weft: a cloth of choice in very warm and humid climates.

Features: Patch pockets, chest velt pocket and natural shoulder.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Available now. Denim Chambray from Kuroki Japan.

Beautiful speckled chambray that will get better with age. 5 Oz, about the same weight as our lighter Oxfords.

$149.99 for first 5 orders, $199.99 thereafter.

DSC_3705.jpg

DSC_3699.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members