• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ShoeT

Reaction score
Does anyone has advise for a white linen or linen-cotton shirting that has the least amount of shine through?

And has anyone experience with the coconut or carozo buttons? Would this be a nice combo with white linen, or are MOP's preferred?

Thanks in advance.

Cityplace

Reaction score
Does anyone has advise for a white linen or linen-cotton shirting that has the least amount of shine through?

And has anyone experience with the coconut or carozo buttons? Would this be a nice combo with white linen, or are MOP's preferred?

Thanks in advance.

Have you considered the white seersucker? All the same cooling as linen but not as see through, more wrinkle resistance and easy to wash.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Blue Indigo Grey Gingham Flannel Casual shirt in flannel perfect for the cool climate. Features: Slim-fit shirt with Semi-spread collar and 2-button cuff.
My second wear of this about a week and a half ago. Some weird bunching I couldn't get rid of in the picture.

arnold76

Reaction score
I was afraid the answer would be to go with the premium buttons, I'm sure they are great but steep considering the relative cost of the overall product. Maybe on a $150 fabric but not on $70 cloth. I've never been picky about buttons, most of my RTW shirts are medium thickness by comparison - hopefully Luxire would consider stocking a medium standard button that would solve my dilemma.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire is it possible to source fabric from J Hanna (website linked below)? I believe this was bandied about some time ago, but could not recall if there was a definitive answer.

https://jhannaltd.com/

We don't really work with them but looks like one can order fabrics through their website. If so, we can do the ordering and bill you for the fabric plus CMT charge for the garment.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish we had more opportunities to see the client wearing the finished jackets.

This.

Plus, on the E.Thomas gray jacket, isn't the chest pocket a bit high and close to the armpit? I'm guessing it appears this way because the jacket sits on a mannequin instead of one the person who commissioned it.

Last edited:

jacobftww

Reaction score
This.

Plus, on the E.Thomas gray jacket, isn't the chest pocket a bit high and close to the armpit? I'm guessing it appears this way because the jacket sits on a mannequin instead of one the person who commissioned it.

Either that or to compensate for the high gorge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads