• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on curing the gap at the lowest button? It seems like the issue is tightness at the upper waist that's pulling down on to that lower button but im no expert. Doesn't feel right in the sides when I sit down fwiw. Thanks.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see there was a bit of excitement about Luxire's upcoming bespoke trunk shows however, are there any pictures of these bespoke garments in the wild? It's kind of hard to get excited without any pictures to assess fit and style. Anyone whose been through this process care to share their experience?

Dzzzzz

Reaction score
Received my Black Friday order last week:

Being very happy with the craftsmanship and the fabric... I was a little hesitant for ordering multiple items since this was my first online MTM experience, but the customer service really helped me out.

Working on my second order now!

jpauly

Reaction score
@luxire Regarding the new website, it looks like there is an error with entering in custom shirt measurements for the waist measurement. The measurement options start at 24 for front and back. Should this start at 15 inches like the bottom?

emc894

Reaction score
Has anyone found or designed a collar similar to a collar similar to Kamakura's spread? The luxire stock collars don't work too well on me and the Kamakura one is great with a tie or without. It looks like a lot of the ralph lauren purple label collars (non-cutaway ones).

a bit like alain delon here:

Last edited:

pendragon

Reaction score
I just received my first Luxire shirt.

Lustruous fine white, mop buttons, etc.

I used measurements from an old Robert Talbot / Nordstrom MTM shirt, so fit is pretty good. It was ten years old, so I may tweak to allow for the extra age/weight on any future orders.

Before I do, I'm going to wash it a few times. Does anyone have experience with the amount of shrinkage?

Also, the MOP buttons may well be genuine MOP, but they feel a little cheap. Is it possible to order something nicer? Preferably not so thick; I'm kind of over the fat button thing.

Likewise, can anyone recommend an upgraded white fabric?

The lustrous white is okay, but it's not special. I figure once I've nailed the fit, I'd like to get something classier.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received some of the items from my Black Friday order recently and am very happy with all of them. Luxire team has been more than accommodating on my requests and I got replies to my emails almost always within 2 days.
Here are some quick pics ..

1) http://custom.luxire.com/products/blue-pink-stripes-twill
This fabric is amazing, it's soft , medium thickness and doesn't wrinkle easily.

2) http://custom.luxire.com/products/soft_light_blue_gingham

I asked for grey MOP buttons on this one and liked the result. Will be using this on future shirts as well..

3) This one is no more available on Luxire , but it's Canclini White Herringbone.

This is also a medium weight and good opacity fabric. Leveraged the button style and thread color from an Eton shirt I saw on IG.

4) http://custom.luxire.com/products/v...lannel_twill_silver_fox_brown-vbc_599_101_335

My first trousers from Luxire. On recommendation from Luxire, I sent in a well fitting trouser (almost well fitting) to copy with some modifications and these fit really well. Though there are definitely some things which I'd want to improve in the next pair.

This fabric is very nice medium weight and drapes very well. I'd say that color is most accurate in this first pic here , it's very light brown just enough to distinguish it from grey trousers.

Hem details...

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3) This one is no more available on Luxire , but it's Canclini White Herringbone.

This is also a medium weight and good opacity fabric. Leveraged the button style and thread color from an Eton shirt I saw on IG.

Grats on the purchases looks good and the button detail is a nice touch.

What collar is this one?

fllick

Reaction score
Can I ask anyone who has used the replication service if they were satisfied with the end result? Thank you!

Last edited:

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can I ask anyone who has used the replication service if they were satisfied with the end result? Thank you!

For trousers and shirts, absolutely. Couldn't tell the difference in fit. Tailored jackets are more complicated. Fit will be very close but construction may not be.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads