• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok, so according to Luxire "nothing has been done in anger" and the issue about the shipping charges has been resolved, as we have both said.

So why do I now find out that Luxire has cancelled ALL of my orders without consulting me?

WTF!

I have PMd twice asking for this unreasonable approach to be reconsidered. I would just like to proceed with my orders being fulfilled. However, I have had no response to my PMs even though Luxire has since posted on this thread to state that there is nothing wrong with what they have done throughout.

I really wanted to establish a good retail relationship with Luxire and buy lots of trousers! But is this the way to treat customers?

Congrats on finally getting your refund!

:hide:

aj805

Reaction score
The persistent airing of melodrama related to what appears to have been somewhat extraordinary circumstances is getting a bit gross.

I appreciate feedback about customer experiences, but perhaps it is more appropriate to summarize after things have been settled, and in a more reasonable way--this all a bit too hysterical to be of much use to anyone.

Aloysius16

Reaction score
The persistent airing of melodrama related to what appears to have been somewhat extraordinary circumstances is getting a bit gross.

I appreciate feedback about customer experiences, but perhaps it is more appropriate to summarize after things have been settled, and in a more reasonable way--this all a bit too hysterical to be of much use to anyone.
OK, I can summarise and put an end to airing this issue.

I had agreed the issues about my shipping charges with Luxire and this was resolved between us.

However, as a separate issue, I then objected to them detailing (wrongly) the contents of my PM on the public forum.

Luxire are annoyed about me complaining about the 'public shaming' and have decided to unilaterally cancel all of my orders as a punishment and have asked that I do not order from them again. I had asked for them to reconsider this hasty decision and let me proceed with the agreed orders in good faith, moving on from our previous disagreements. They have refused to do so.

In other words they have let a separate disagreement about use of the internet affect their fulfilment of orders and their customer service. SF users can make their own minds' up about who is right and wrong, and whether they would be content to buy from a business that acts like this.

aj805

Reaction score
You are leveling charges against Luxire that they cannot defend, because they involve the details of your [private] business with them, and no professional would directly engage in that at length in a public forum. This is not a private customer support channel you're posting to.

And yet you persist in giving what you must know will therefore be seen by others as just a partial picture of the story, which is laced with your own assumptions of their intentions, etc., which cannot be anything then but aspersions.

The problem with this is not only that it wastes people's time, but it creates an unreasonable--if not actually hostile--atmosphere for Luxire to try to operate in, which is the whole point of this thread.

Many of us have had nothing but wonderful experiences with this company and with @Luxire's contributions, and I myself would like to see the communications here remain cordial and reasonable so that that can continue.

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy-Blue Dress Stripes Dobby on White
Modified NOBD2 Collar

Last edited:

ShoeT

Reaction score
This forum is here to help customers and provide feedback on Luxire. Both Luxire and Aloysius have used SF to discuss the issue they have in public. In my opinion it is not professional of Luxire to then deny their service to Aloysius because they experience Aloysius comments and feedback as negative. This action could result in people reconsider before posting any negative issues/feedback, which is not a good thing.

johnross2007

Reaction score
This is disconcerting to me. I understand how uncomfortable everyone is with what is happening in this thread -- It needs to be resolved. I think Luxire would be well-served to post screenshots or other evidence of this transaction.

I am, when I have time, about to measure some clothes and make my first trial-fit order from Luxire. But what is happening to Aloysius, assuming he is being truthful, is very troubling to me. As much as Luxire is known for their customer service, I do not want to start what would surely be a long-standing relationship with a company that may cancel all my orders if I challenge an action they take.

This is how the world works now. When a company does something someone doesn't like, that person airs the grievance on twitter or facebook. Word-of-mouth is powerful, so Luxire should do everything in their power to correct the Word-of-mouth testimony in this thread.

bebop d

Alpha-M
Reaction score
Navy-Blue Dress Stripes Dobby on White
Modified NOBD2 Collar

Nice jacket (suit?) who's it by?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, anyone here have experience with trial jackets made? I'm having a custom leather jacket made and debating whether I should have a canvas trial jacket made.

Additionally, has anyone here had suits made?

bebop d

Alpha-M
Reaction score

Gents, anyone here have experience with trial jackets made? I'm having a custom leather jacket made and debating whether I should have a canvas trial jacket made.

If you're the kind of guy who cares enough to get something custom made then you're probably the kind of guy who'd be unhappy if it didn't turn out as expected and you'd passed up the chance to get a trial jacket.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I also ordered a suit during the BFS and instead of a trial jacket I'm availing the home fitting service (basically you pay for 2 way shipping).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads