• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone recommend a couple of fabrics for golf clothing (i.e. light, bit of stretch)?

Both for polos and pants.

For trousers, I would actually suggest, based on my experience, the wool rich fabrics.

For polos, perhaps send Luxire an email asking for the technical "stretch fabric from Carvico, Italy". These fabrics have been on my list to try for golf for awhile now.

Anjuna

Reaction score
I did some research on the shirt collars and tweaked the measurements a little. The product was so close to NOBD II collar specs that I'm just gonna go with it. I'm looking for collars that look good with a tie and a formal suit so I'm thinking they will need at least light lining and fusing, do I need to specify these when ordering? Thanks in advance!

Zke8

Reaction score
I did some research on the shirt collars and tweaked the measurements a little. The product was so close to NOBD II collar specs that I'm just gonna go with it. I'm looking for collars that look good with a tie and a formal suit so I'm thinking they will need at least light lining and fusing, do I need to specify these when ordering? Thanks in advance!
Yes, just mention the lining/fusing you want in the comments.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What's everyone's fav collar these days for shirts with no tie?

@luxire the photos of pocket squares and ties from the trunk show (think efv posted) lool good, do you any proper picks of them? Did I see some macclesfield ones there?

My favorite collar these days is an Italian spread with 4.25" points, I like it both with and without tie.

If I understand you correctly, as we make very few ties, selections are done based on what we really like. Among those too, we cary to the shows our favorite ones.

None are woven in Macclesfield. All are woven in Como. Quite a few design options in patterns similar to what Macclesfield is known for.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite collar these days is an Italian spread with 4.25" points, I like it both with and without tie.

If I understand you correctly, as we make very few ties, selections are done based on what we really like. Among those too, we cary to the shows our favorite ones.

None are woven in Macclesfield. All are woven in Como. Quite a few design options in patterns similar to what Macclesfield is known for.
Is there a pic of that, without tie?

LuxLibertas

Reaction score

I'd also be interested. I just ordered a few shirts with an unfused version of Proper Cloth's Roma Spread, and what you're describing sounds like that, only more so. I'm curious to see how they look.

LuxLibertas

Reaction score
Bump for a completely different topic than my previous post. I've got a few suits that fit me well, and now I'm considering ordering a new suit either from Luxire or Kent Wang. It seems that they're both at the same general price point and at least the same tier of quality. Has anyone purchased a suit from both Kent Wang and Luxire?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bump for a completely different topic than my previous post. I've got a few suits that fit me well, and now I'm considering ordering a new suit either from Luxire or Kent Wang. It seems that they're both at the same general price point and at least the same tier of quality. Has anyone purchased a suit from both Kent Wang and Luxire?

I have used both, and they're very different in many respects. Kent Wang has a house cut, he will send you a standard size suit, and you will try it on and make changes as necessary. If you like his house cut and fit in to it well then this is a good option, and the quality is very good for the money.

Luxire on the other hand will do anything you want, and the possibilities are nearly limitless. If you have a suit you like the fit of, you can send it to Luxire and they can essentially copy it, which KW will not do. Luxire also has much more options for things like button choices, which seems trivial, but I didn't like how KW had only like 3 button options. Luxire can also change any imaginable measurement, whereas with KW you're a little more stuck in a box. So really it depends on how much customization you want to do and if you're planning on mailing something in for replication. Personally, overall I've had more success with Luxire.

LuxLibertas

Reaction score
I have used both, and they're very different in many respects. Kent Wang has a house cut, he will send you a standard size suit, and you will try it on and make changes as necessary. If you like his house cut and fit in to it well then this is a good option, and the quality is very good for the money.

Luxire on the other hand will do anything you want, and the possibilities are nearly limitless. If you have a suit you like the fit of, you can send it to Luxire and they can essentially copy it, which KW will not do. Luxire also has much more options for things like button choices, which seems trivial, but I didn't like how KW had only like 3 button options. Luxire can also change any imaginable measurement, whereas with KW you're a little more stuck in a box. So really it depends on how much customization you want to do and if you're planning on mailing something in for replication. Personally, overall I've had more success with Luxire.
That helps a lot; thank you.I'll probably wait until the new KW lookbook comes out before I make my decision. The suit that I think comes closest to fitting me perfectly has what I think is a relatively unflattering cut. In your experience, how successful is Luxire at changing the cut significantly from the sample you send them?

For that matter, if @luxire could tell me anything about the trade-offs between their service and KW's, I'd be grateful.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That helps a lot; thank you.I'll probably wait until the new KW lookbook comes out before I make my decision. The suit that I think comes closest to fitting me perfectly has what I think is a relatively unflattering cut. In your experience, how successful is Luxire at changing the cut significantly from the sample you send them?

For that matter, if @luxire
 could tell me anything about the trade-offs between their service and KW's, I'd be grateful.

Not sure how you can have something that fits well, but then at the same time think the cut is unflattering. If you don't like the way something looks on you, I would not recommend sending that in for replication. Try getting it tailored locally until you're happy with the way it looks, then send it in to Luxire to copy. Sending in something you're not 100% happy with and then trying to make significant changes is a recipe for disaster.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads