• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Quesjac

Very nice! Is the Barba collar the same as the Spandexter collar? How do you find it compares to NOBD II? I'm readying for another order, and I haven't quite homed in on my ideal collar yet. Thanks.

I think it is, yes. In my order I mentioned the Spandexter entry in the spreadsheet, although that sheet is not 100% clear to me. I like the curve from the top button towards the collar points. But I've not worn it yet; if you ask in about a week I can let you know. I think there are also some photos of it being worn earlier in the thread.

Most of my shirts are the Barba/Spandexter collar. One of my favorites.

Akoa

Reaction score
Today I got an email saying that two of the fabrics is out of stock. One of the fabric wasn't in even in the order.

I made the order over a month ago and you didn't realize their up until now? I even asked about the order last week and you said that you will finish the order this week. I am not impressed.

@Luxire

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

What's the current turnaround time for shirts based off an exisiting pattern, with in-stock fabrics?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

What's the current turnaround time for shirts based off an exisiting pattern, with in-stock fabrics?

My most recent order was two weeks, but typically I've been experiencing four.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks!

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My shirts have been 1 week for the last several, including the one arriving this week. I think the variable is that I have been picking fabrics that are in stock at Luxire and do not need to be ordered from the mill.

prozach1576

Reaction score
My order from the summer sale consisted of four in-stock shirt fabrics and a pair of pants, and it shipped in 13 days. I adjusted one measurement on the pants.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My shirts have been 1 week for the last several, including the one arriving this week. I think the variable is that I have been picking fabrics that are in stock at Luxire and do not need to be ordered from the mill.

I'm assuming the name brand fabrics (Albini, G&R, etc) run a higher chance of delays due to ordering from their respective mills, than the luxire "house" fabrics correct?

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My last order for shirts was on 7/20 and I received yesterday

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming the name brand fabrics (Albini, G&R, etc) run a higher chance of delays due to ordering from their respective mills, than the luxire "house" fabrics correct?

That's always been my operating assumption, but I'm sure the real answer is, "it depends."

J T Fuentes

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a big time follower of this thread, small time poster.

I have two questions which I hope someone will be able to help with, when one specifies to "scoop out the seat" on trousers to eliminate the wedgie effect, what is that we're requesting exactly?

Is it adding more curve to the seat angle i.e more from a V seat angle to a U, or is it something else

Secondly when Luxire tells you to shorten the back length (not the rise), what aspect of the trousers is this changing?

Apologies if this has already been answered but I couldn't find an explanation of it.

Thanks in advance!

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, 

I'm a big time follower of this thread, small time poster.

I have two questions which I hope someone will be able to help with, when one specifies to "scoop out the seat" on trousers to eliminate the wedgie effect, what is that we're requesting exactly?

Is it adding more curve to the seat angle i.e more from a V seat angle to a U, or is it something else

Secondly when Luxire tells you to shorten the back length (not the rise), what aspect of the trousers is this changing?

Apologies if this has already been answered but I couldn't find an explanation of it.

Thanks in advance!

@1up: Those changes look good to me.  I think that the decrease of the inseam at the crotch is a meant to be a way of compensating for the scooping of the seat.  Since scooping the seat basically gets rid of some of the saggy/baggy fabric behind your thighs (right below the buttocks), and since the pants are a little tight at the buttock, lowering the crotch just a little ensures that the adjustment is not too high and giving you a different kind of tightness at the bottom of the crotch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics