• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

webzeb

Reaction score
Hello,

Any recommandation for a blue and white twill for good looking formal shirts?

Durable and not too prone to wrinkles would be a big plus.

Thanks!

Fred

MrPeeps

Reaction score
Took these last week but forgot to post - here's some photos of the new Cotton Linen: Light Blue Chambray that I got a few weeks ago. In the first photo, the color looks just slight oversaturated, and the second photo shows the color more true to how it looks IRL. The Brembana Sky Blue Oxford is on the left, and the new Cotton Linen: Light Blue Chambray is on the right, for comparison purposes. I think I actually like the shade on the chambray a little better, and it's lighter so it works much better in warm weather.

Whoops, didn't quote the original post.

This is a great shirt, and I'm curious as to the choice of collar here.

denvitavalen

Reaction score
When taking measurement for a jacket, should one do it, jacket laying flat on a table, from seam to seam, or from edges where it acctually folds? See picture:

touchdownboy

Reaction score
Hi!

I have sent a mail to luxire and I am waiting for response, as long maybe you guys can help me with measurements. I have used popover shirt several times and washed it 3-4 times, I think it's some measurements I want to change to my new order. Is there anything you see that you think I should change on the next shirt, + or - on some measurements? Overall I think the shirt fits good, but when I move my arms forward or upward(picture 5 and 6) the fabric spans very much on my lower arms/back. You can see the red circle I have marked, that is the area i mean the fabric spans.

What measurements do you think I need to + or -? Thank you!

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

RMAF

Reaction score
Looks like you need slightly smaller armholes and bigger chest circumfrence, however ask luxire themselves for a professional opinion.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a great looking popover shirt. I'm strongly considering having one or two of those made on my next order.

jddgfd

Reaction score
I put in an order, fourth order, of the same basic shirt for people. The other three all took right at or less than 2 weeks to make and ship. This last order has been over 3 weeks and no updates just still listed as unfulfilled. I emailed the company last friday and waiting for a response. Is there a phone number or other way to contact them to try and find an update? The shirt is for a person in my wedding so is on a time restraint, with the speed of all the other shirts I wasn't expecting this one to take over a week longer. Has anyone else noticed recent orders taking long to fulfill?

jc9289

Reaction score
@jddgfd 2 weeks is about as fast as luxire gets. But they can also take up to 6-8 weeks depending on current workload and/or if they needed to order your fabric vs it being on hand.

Over the past year I've had some orders take 10 days and others take 8 weeks.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I put in an order, fourth order, of the same basic shirt for people. The other three all took right at or less than 2 weeks to make and ship. This last order has been over 3 weeks and no updates just still listed as unfulfilled. I emailed the company last friday and waiting for a response. Is there a phone number or other way to contact them to try and find an update? The shirt is for a person in my wedding so is on a time restraint, with the speed of all the other shirts I wasn't expecting this one to take over a week longer. Has anyone else noticed recent orders taking long to fulfill?

Sometimes an order is delayed because they have a question about it, but have not yet gotten around to emailing you the question. I would keep emailing them. It has sometimes taken 2 - 3 emails to get a response.

mercimus

Reaction score
I'm interested in having Luxire do a Mercer style collar roll on my next shirt, are there any lighter summer fabrics that lend well to this type of collar, or are they generally limited to OCBD? Also a bit off topic, but is there some thread/post with common customizations that Luxire is capable of? Thanks in advance.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi! I have sent a mail to luxire and I am waiting for response, as long maybe you guys can help me with measurements. I have used popover shirt several times and washed it 3-4 times, I think it's some measurements I want to change to my new order. Is there anything you see that you think I should change on the next shirt, + or - on some measurements? Overall I think the shirt fits good, but when I move my arms forward or upward(picture 5 and 6) the fabric spans very much on my lower arms/back. You can see the red circle I have marked, that is the area i mean the fabric spans. What measurements do you think I need to + or -? Thank you!
Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5 Pic 6
To me it seems that you definitely need to increase the with in the chest and waist a bit. It must be very difficult to get on. And it looks like it would be uncomfortable when seated and would pull horizontally. In fact there are crease lines visible in the mid-section when standing. Popovers simply have to be looser through the chest/waist than regular shirt measurements.

touchdownboy

Reaction score

To me it seems that you definitely need to increase the with in the chest and waist a bit.

It must be very difficult to get on.

And it looks like it would be uncomfortable when seated and would pull horizontally. In fact there are crease lines visible in the mid-section when standing.

Popovers simply have to be looser through the chest/waist than regular shirt measurements.
Okay! How much do you think I need to increase waist and chest? How many inches?

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whoops, didn't quote the original post.

This is a great shirt, and I'm curious as to the choice of collar here.

Thanks, it's just a standard Luxire BD with a taller collar band and neck height and 3.75" points.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads