• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

CaptainTohm

Reaction score
Can someone comment on the effectiveness of Luxire's side-adjusters? I've read that adjusters in general function just as well as belts, and can take in the waist about two inches max (one inch each side).

Do they do a good job of holding up your pants when you're feeling a little "lean?" And do they have about an inch or two to pull in?

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can someone comment on the effectiveness of Luxire's side-adjusters? I've read that adjusters in general function just as well as belts, and can take in the waist about two inches max (one inch each side).

Do they do a good job of holding up your pants when you're feeling a little "lean?" And do they have about an inch or two to pull in?

The amount of adjustment is probably that for thinner fabrics, and a little less for thicker ones.

They work well but to maximise their utility you should order a waist size with a little extra room so you can adjust both bigger and smaller than your norm.

I like them, but as much for style preference than anything else.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a 31.5" waist and the side adjusters are a bit over 2" each.

The effectiveness of side adjusters, like the effectiveness of belts, depends a lot on the body of the wearer and the rise of the trousers. In both cases those with little or no waist and a prominent abdomen are much better off with suspenders. Doubly so if the rise is low.

Also keep in mind that they're much harder to adjust than a belt once you are wearing the trousers.

I speak as someone who likes side adjusters, but more as a stylistic feature than a practical matter.

Cheers,

Ac

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to order trousers. Have any of you that have previously ordered trousers from luxire gotten better results from sending in a sample of good fitting pants or by sending in measurements?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Looking to order trousers. Have any of you that have previously ordered trousers from luxire gotten better results from sending in a sample of good fitting pants or by sending in measurements?

Send in trousers if you have a pair that fits well. Measurements cannot fully capture the shape of a pair of trousers.

Last edited:

Shinystuffbuyer

Reaction score
Function-wise, what do these measurements help a tailor do? Specific to Luxire custom measurements:

A) Armhole width
B) Sleeve width

How does Luxire capture the information that I have really skinny arms?

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Function-wise, what do these measurements help a tailor do? Specific to Luxire custom measurements:

A) Armhole width
B) Sleeve width

How does Luxire capture the information that I have really skinny arms?

The "Sleeve Width" and "Cuff Around" values you provide on their measurements form, I assume.

Cheers,

Ac

Bruges

Reaction score
whatever the material when it's lined it prolongs the cloth's life by handling the perspiration better...I think. I always get my pants lined since wool always scratches me, I got used to it so just got my chinos lined anyway
Lining a pants means it automatically will be warmer right? Always?

Bruges

Reaction score
Send in trousers if you have a pair that fits well. Measurements cannot fully capture the shape of a pair of trousers.
Don't they "measure" your existing pants as well and use those numbers to work further on it? Or do they really copy the shape and form of the existing pants

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads