• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm. I mailed them last Saturday morning to tweak an order and had it all sorted by about lunchtime. So perhaps not unresponsive, just inconsistent?

I've sent them two emails about an issue with my order they said they would remedy. I sent one email 2 weeks ago and second, maybe 5 days ago. No response to either one. Thing is, I would have placed a second order if they had been more responsive.

Johnsson

Reaction score

I've sent them two emails about an issue with my order they said they would remedy. I sent one email 2 weeks ago and second, maybe 5 days ago. No response to either one. Thing is, I would have placed a second order if they had been more responsive.

Same issue here during the same timeline. They must be super busy. They took some artistic license with the buttonhole colour on my shirt and....I'm not a pimp. The CSR got back to me quickly on Monday, but nothing since I delivered the requested pictures. In my experience they always reply eventually.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed an order during the recent sale for 5 shirts and needed to make an adjustment to the neck size and I got a response confirming the change almost instantly. But then a few days later I sent an email about sizing issues with my last pair of pants and I haven't heard back on that one yet. I need to send them back for a remake (waist 1.5" too small, thigh .5" too small, half hip 1" too small) but I wanted to confirm the details with them before I mailed them back. They must have different queues and some emails are replied to faster then others.

Cuebert

Reaction score
I have been very unimpressed with luxire's e-mail responses as of late. They used to be very good about it.

Quote:
Gotta' second that:

I've sent them 2 mails within the last 7 days regarding my latest order; one on Sunday and one on Wednesday. Never received a response.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thefoxtooth

Reaction score

I do know that Ashish has been in the hospital with dengue(!) the past week and a half. He handles an astonishing amount of the correspondence himself, so that would probably explain a lot. I understand he's on the mend, though, so hopefully the logjam will clear a bit soon.

Luxire is a very top-light company, which I would suspect is a big factor in keeping their prices so low.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I do know that Ashish has been in the hospital with dengue(!) the past week and a half.  He handles an astonishing amount of the correspondence himself, so that would probably explain a lot.  I understand he's on the mend, though, so hopefully the logjam will clear a bit soon.

Very sorry to hear this. Get well soon, Ashish!

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've also has thread color issues, which was upsetting and the proposed cost to fix even more so. And the email delays too. Which is too bad because I'm In Bangalore this week and trying to find them so I can visit! Please respond guys!

Last edited:

OzWino

Reaction score
I was browsing through the never ending list of trouser fabrics, and wondered about cotton vs wool fabric. If you had pants made of say 9oz cotton vs wool fabric of similar weight, what difference would there be? Eg feel, wear, warmth etc. Or would depend on each individual fabric and its weave, and therefore too difficult to generalise.

Appreciate your learned opinions.

Johnsson

Reaction score
I was browsing through the never ending list of trouser fabrics, and wondered about cotton vs wool fabric. If you had pants made of say 9oz cotton vs wool fabric of similar weight, what difference would there be? Eg feel, wear, warmth etc. Or would depend on each individual fabric and its weave, and therefore too difficult to generalise.

Appreciate your learned opinions.

With some exceptions, the texture and drape of wool trousers goes better with most of my jackets, so I mainly reserve cotton for more casual wear.

Johnsson

Reaction score
I've also has thread color issues, which was upsetting and the proposed cost to fix even more so. And the email delays too. Which is too bad because I'm In Bangalore this week and trying to find them so I can visit! Please respond guys!

Would you share what that cost was please (via PM if you prefer)? I was under the impression that they'd modify just about anything for the cost of shipping. I ordered a shirt in the pale mauve G&R oxford, and the purple buttonholes are truly ostentatious. It's strange that they'd randomly choose a thread darker than the shirt, because I've ordered at least 2 prior oxfords from them and they've never deviated from the standard plain white thread.

Zke8

Reaction score
I've emailed them last Sunday and I've had my reply by the next morning. My followup email got its reply by Friday and they apologised for taking so long because there was an Indian holiday. Overall I've been very satisfied with their costumer service, never had any problems and/or late replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads