• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These look great. What kinds of jacket do you pair them with? I've always been wary of patterned odd trousers.

I thought general consensus on SF , which I don't follow, was darker colored trousers always look like orphaned suit trousers.

Seems that some people in this thread don't have as much of an issue with it.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought general consensus on SF , which I don't follow, was darker colored trousers always look like orphaned suit trousers.

Seems that some people in this thread don't have as much of an issue with it.
There is a lot of SF consensus I don't agree with. Pattern and texture come in to play with pants

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw Luxire has a few fabrics from Harrisons now. Does anyone know if they can source any fabrics from them currently? For example, their coatings and moonbeam fabrics?

Terpo

Reaction score
I am looking for a white non-see-through fabric for a shirt to be worn on formal occasions. I already have the lusterous fine white and the white fresco chambray, so I am looking for alternatives. What fabrics can you recommend?

I am also looking for a pale blue dress shirt for business wear. I have the pale blue popling 100s, which I don't like. I also have the pale blue end-on-end and a couple of oxfords, but I want something finer than oxford. What can you recommend?

JimmyTre

Reaction score
I am looking for a white non-see-through fabric for a shirt to be worn on formal occasions. I already have the lusterous fine white and the white fresco chambray, so I am looking for alternatives. What fabrics can you recommend?

I am also looking for a pale blue dress shirt for business wear. I have the pale blue popling 100s, which I don't like. I also have the pale blue end-on-end and a couple of oxfords, but I want something finer than oxford. What can you recommend?

Try one of the royal oxfords. Despite the name it is fairly different and more formal fabric than oxford or pinpoint oxford. A slightly heavier cotton twill should work too.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Try one of the royal oxfords.  Despite the name it is fairly different and more formal fabric than oxford or pinpoint oxford.  A slightly heavier cotton twill should work too.

I am a big fan of twill and royal oxford (thicker fabrics in general) as they tend to be less see-through and wrinkle less.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone specified alternate cuff stitching for their shirts? This is how my cuffs came on my sky blue oxford, which is fine for an informal shirt but I can't help but feel it could be 'evened up' for a more formal single cuff shirt.
67DB966E-7790-488F-B56C-0E43F4624E6F.jpg

Any thoughts/picture examples?

Bonus shirt pic just because...:)
E17ED759-39F2-4BD5-897D-2A98A726AD52.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone specified alternate cuff stitching for their shirts? This is how my cuffs came on my sky blue oxford, which is fine for an informal shirt but I can't help but feel it could be 'evened up' for a more formal single cuff shirt.
67DB966E-7790-488F-B56C-0E43F4624E6F.jpg

Any thoughts/picture examples?

Bonus shirt pic just because...:)
E17ED759-39F2-4BD5-897D-2A98A726AD52.jpg

In not sure I understand what you mean. Here's my cuff for reference

Last edited:

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In not sure I understand what you mean. Here's my cuff for reference

Thanks for the pic. I mean that the stitching is not the same distance from the edge at each end so it looks uneven and to me, less formal. I was wondering if anyone had requested cuffs with stitching that looks symmetrical.

(Btw, your cuffs look tight! Do they fit over your watch?)

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the pic. I mean that the stitching is not the same distance from the edge at each end so it looks uneven and to me, less formal. I was wondering if anyone had requested cuffs with stitching that looks symmetrical.

(Btw, your cuffs look tight! Do they fit over your watch?)

I think yours is standard. I asked for 3/8" edge stitching resulting in what you see in my pic above.

I can't stand loose cuffs. While not being tight, it doesn't ride up the forearm either when reaching forward. It stays in place. The watch barely fits under the cuff. Here's another pic

Last edited:

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are these really suitable for formal wear? I associate twill and oxford with more casual occasions.

Depends on what you mean by "formal wear". For example, I have a specific tuxedo shirt I wear with my tux, but if by formal, you mean with a suit, then yes I would and do wear both fabrics with suits. Royal oxford is a different beast than a regular oxford, even amongst oxford cloth, there is a big difference between a coarse heavy oxford fabric and something finer made by Thomas Mason (for example).

Last edited:

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Something like a wedding or other festive event, where a tux is excluded via dress code.

Yes, absolutely. I like the texture of twill and royal oxford over broadcloth, it also seems to garner most compliments, perhaps because it's more noticeable. If you saw (again for example) Thomas Masons Goldline Royal Oxford cloth in person without me telling you what it was, I am sure you'd have no problem pairing it with a suit. As with most things in life, "there are dinner jackets and then there are dinner jackets."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads