• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

flvinny521

Reaction score
I've seen this covered sporadically throughout this thread, but would like to get a consensus. For those of you who don't like button down collars, what's your go-to choice for casual shirts?

Anybody else?

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Judging from the pictures you post here and on your blog you like a very tight fit in trousers, so please take my advice with a proper grain of salt since I obviously prefer a different look.

To me the width of the thigh looks the least problematic compared to the leg opening and especially the knee.
Cotton rarely drapes as nicely as wool but your trousers show knee sagging to a degree which is very pronounced, and even would be for a pair of skin tight jeans.
There are clear stress marks at the back of your calves too and you seem to need to fold up your inseam in order to achieve the no break look, which also exposes your socks and makes your shoes look out of proportion.
In my opinion you could achieve a look that is both sleek and overall more flattering for you, if besides slightly increasing the thigh, you would add the moderate amounts of 1cm to half knee and 0,5cm to half leg opening

CasuallySmart

Reaction score
Thank you for a nice analysis. What you said is actually the thing I am looking for. How about "half hips" measurement, is it ok with this pair? You can see that my pockets look interesting in some points but I am not sure if it is about thigh or half hip measurement. Or is it maybe because "front half hip" is too wide? (Check out pic)

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think half hip/seat/crotch is at the same time the most important and most tricky measurement to get right as well as to measure from an existing pair.
Since I am not a tailor the experts of Luxire and/or your local tailor can offer better advice than I could.
Maybe you would be willing to send in the pair of chinos you are wearing, a lot of people have reported Luxire does a great job at replicating and/or altering garments according to your wishes.
A topic which might be of interest for you regarding the difficulties of trouser fitting is the following http://www.cutterandtailor.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3587

Last edited:

table21

Reaction score
Hey, I finally got a shirt where I really like the fit, however I am not sure how to get rid of this problem (if it is possible) if anyone has any ideas please let me know, as this problem seems to happen to me on most shirts I get.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Ordered four shirts. Two weeks later they were here. The fit and fabric is great. All four have different collars as I try to decide what I like best on me.

jandersson

Reaction score
Hey, I finally got a shirt where I really like the fit, however I am not sure how to get rid of this problem (if it is possible) if anyone has any ideas please let me know, as this problem seems to happen to me on most shirts I get.

Proper cloth suggests adjusting for more sloping shoulders might help: http://propercloth.com/reference/lines-running-armpits-back-collar.

But I'm not convinced your problem really matches "Lines Running from Armpits to Back of Collar".
Looks more like forward rotated shoulders?
Does the problem go away when you move your shoulders up/down/backwards/forwards?
Maybe adjusting the collar forward?
A picture showing your back might help.

scrolls

Reaction score
table,

That's a super common problem. Email pictures to Luxire and they'll know how to fix. I had that issue on an early shirt and after they saw a picture the problem was fixed on the next shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads