• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't think that olive oil would be the ideal choice. Something more from the woodworking world could be better. Might be worth looking into a sweet almond or lemon oil, or even a hardening oil, like linseed or hempseed. Something to think about anyway...

Tung oil would dry faster than linseed.

But it's possible that hardening agents like this would only make it more brittle.

What I worry about with organics like olive and lemon is that they go rancid after a while.

roquesoon

Reaction score
Yeah, that was my thinking too.

With a non-hardening oil, wouldn't you be worried about leaching into the fabric?

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Luxire dress shirt constructed in 4 oz solid black twill with smoke MOP buttons.

Looking good, any navy versions of this fabric floating around?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looking good, any navy versions of this fabric floating around?

There are a few I believe. You can send us an email and we can send you details.

The navy cellulare is a great option.

We will be adding keywords like plain and groups like 1-color, 2 color, 3-color and multicolor for easier selection.

Last edited:

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sure you could do this, but why would you? You're basically increasing the price of the pants you purchase by the cost of getting them hemmed and I'd think inseam length would be one of the easiest things to get right. You'd also have to believe that your tailor / local dry cleaner can do a better job hemming pants than Luxire.

I disagree; if you're still nailing down the fit of your trousers, knowing exactly what length will give you the exact break you want based on a single measurement is going to be tricky. I had to have my first couple of custom pants re-hemmed, and in the case of the cotton pair the results of course weren't entirely invisible. It's a small and reasonable expense to order your first pair unfinished and have them hemmed by a local tailor.

Mercado

Reaction score
I'm sure you could do this, but why would you? You're basically increasing the price of the pants you purchase by the cost of getting them hemmed and I'd think inseam length would be one of the easiest things to get right. You'd also have to believe that your tailor / local dry cleaner can do a better job hemming pants than Luxire.
True, you'd be paying more for the single pair of trousers, but knowing the precise measurement the first time could save one money as well. It would be easy for me to guess my usual 35'' inseam when actually it may be 34.75'' or 34.50'', which I would have never guessed in the first place by eyeball. I've never placed an order for trousers from Luxire so doing this on my first pair makes sense.

blindboygrunt

Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while and am finally going to order my first shirt. I'm thinking of doing a lightweight chambray shirt with a cutaway collar - something I can throw on under a sportcoat during the hot summers here in DC. The blue denim slub chambray looks nice but does anyone with experience with the fabric know if it will work well for humid summers? If not does anyone have any other recommendations that will fit the bill?

In addition I'm thinking of order my first pair of trousers. Probably going to go with the gray wool flannel unless you all think that it's best to stick to the fit-test pants for my first pair.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I disagree; if you're still nailing down the fit of your trousers, knowing exactly what length will give you the exact break you want based on a single measurement is going to be tricky. I had to have my first couple of custom pants re-hemmed, and in the case of the cotton pair the results of course weren't entirely invisible. It's a small and reasonable expense to order your first pair unfinished and have them hemmed by a local tailor.

Unless I am missing something here, at some point you are going to have to take the pants your local tailor hemmed, measure the inseam and translate that into a measurement you ultimately send Luxire. Unless one doesn't have a pair of pants with the right inseam measurement, it seems like you're simply moving the risk of having your inseam be slightly off to your second pair of trousers with this strategy.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the past, I have ordered (cotton) trousers too long then washed them several times on relatively high heat to get any shrinkage out of the way. Afterwards I obviously have them hemmed to the correct length, but this solved shrinkage issues for me on a few pairs of pants.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless I am missing something here, at some point you are going to have to take the pants your local tailor hemmed, measure the inseam and translate that into a measurement you ultimately send Luxire. Unless one doesn't have a pair of pants with the right inseam measurement, it seems like you're simply moving the risk of having your inseam be slightly off to your second pair of trousers with this strategy.
The trouble is you don't know how fabrics will drape/wrinkle or how they will react to washing and drying. Re-hemming wools isn't a problem, usually, but cottons are another story.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've just spent a good 5minutes searching for the option to change ones email address at Luxire? Is there none or am I blind? I can update my physical address but I can't seem to find the option to edit email...?

Last edited:

Garasaki

Reaction score
You know, that's funny, I never once considered purchasing Luxire pants unhemmed but that makes all the sense in the world.

I even think it could make sense after you've nailed your fit, as different fabrics would drape differently, which would affect the hem length at least a tiny little bit.

Garasaki

Reaction score
I mean on the backside of pants, just below the waistband. It seems to happen with more delicate fabrics, heavy cottons or canvas pants no problems. It seems the waistband at the back drops down a bit. Only happens with Luxire pants, I have other dresspants with higher backrise where this fit issue doesn't occur. Maybe send some pics to Luxire.

I have the same problem, it's really quite pronounced in some of my stuff. I have had it with OTR pants and Luxire pants, more noticeable in my current iteration of Luxire pants though.

I have not rectified the problem (have not had the opportunity but I do have some revised measurements ready for when funds allow it), but it simply seems to me that it is due to the back rise being too long, especially compared to the front rise. This in turn causes a bunch of excess material right under the waistband.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads