• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Johnny5

Reaction score

Please take your debate to customer service over email for resolution. You can continue posting here as much as you want about the issue though.

Dear Sir, i did and received a vague reply and that's why i am asking the experienced customers here. Anyway i have just sent the shirts back and dropped an email to you guys about it. Hope you can rectify the situation and send me back the corrected shirts soon, thank you.

Last edited:

variancelog

Reaction score
Just a mixup. These things happen when you offer this level of customization combined with having to do everything over the internet.
+1 Given the level of detail many customers provide on the shirts, it is not surprising that there is could be ambiguity with things like darts, whether they should be included in the given measurement or not. It is a double edged sword of offering limitless customization. On the one hand, anything is possible, but on the other hand there are fewer safe assumptions compared to a company who offers fewer customizations. Most people here agree that the pros outweigh the cons, even if it can result in a few bumps along the way.

jim8680

Reaction score
Hello!

I am aware Luxire replicates collars, but what about making a tab cuff as seen below?
If so, would you be able have the fabric for the tab be different than the rest of my shirt?

For example with another MTM supplier, I had a white shirt made, and the tab portion on the cuff was a rich navy blue.

Is this something you could create as well?

Thanks!

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Luxire semi spread collar shirt.
http://custom.luxire.com/products/muave-chambray-eta

p.henrik

Reaction score

Hello! I am aware Luxire replicates collars, but what about making a tab cuff as seen below? If so, would you be able have the fabric for the tab be different than the rest of my shirt? For example with another MTM supplier, I had a white shirt made, and the tab portion on the cuff was a rich navy blue. Is this something you could create as well? Thanks!
The answer to all questions like this is yes. Customize the hell out of it. what's the point of the tab? I would think looks very gimmicky on a white (or any other color for that matter) dress shirt. Similar to this double collar nonsense.

yeknal

Reaction score

I'm about to place my first order with luxire and had a question about the Broke and Bespoke collar. Should I specify the lining and fusing or just order straight up? If so what type of lining and fusing goes well with button down collars? Would this be the same for cotton and linen?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

CosmeDaniel

Reaction score
No pleats for back but I want two parallel vertical darts at the back(My guess is for making the shirt slimmer at the waist as shown in the measurements?) that is the same as my own shirt.

Why send really confusing instructions in the first place? I had to re-read that sentence multiple times and in my opinion, it can easily be interpreted to mean that you're asking for the "waist" to be slimmed with darts but not necessarily asking for the "back waist" to be suppressed versus the "front waist."

I think your confusion and disappointment could have easily been avoided if you had better notes. Why not say something to the effect of "Front waist 18.0 inches with two vertical darts at the back waist to to make back measurement 17.0 inches"?

You could have received a shirt with a front waist measuring 18.0", but with the instructions you provided, you could also have easily received a shirt with too much or too little back waist suppression (and that could have also resulted in a post about a disappointing product). Your notes don't really instruct much.

Like others have said, we're given the liberty to request truly customized clothing and Luxire's production staff has a great burden to try and interpret these [sometimes vague or confusing] instructions. They're not mind readers. I hope you find a happy a happy solution to your situation.

Last edited:

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

None of these notes make sense to me, I don't know how Luxire does it... :confused:

Seconded. I give them the most ridiculous requirements, despite my best efforts, and somehow they turn it into beautiful custom clothes that become centerpieces of my wardrobe.

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received a package in the mail from Luxire!

I gave them a very challenging assignment and it became a long and difficult journey... I won't get into all the details here, but April 2014 I placed an order for an unstructured patch pocket navy blazer. There were some miscommunications along the way but Ashish and I worked out an agreement that would allow them to regain my confidence and follow through with my intent to order more jackets in the future. Let me tell you they certainly have regained my confidence!

You may recall a post I made last fall about a navy jacket that was copied from a Zegna jacket. Since then I had ordered an unstructured quarter lined patch pocket wool blazer and Luxire was to re-interpret the pattern that they had on file (for a structured jacket) but translate it to a very softly structured jacket... not an easy task I would imagine.

They did a very good job on the jacket. All of my instructions were executed as requested. The buttonholes have even improved since my last jacket. I'd give it a 9/10 (only because I may have one or two slight fit tweaks for next time I order a softer shoulder jacket).

All this to say, Luxire is indeed capable of more than just copying a jacket that was sent in - just be sure to provide as many specifics and photos as you can so you won't get any surprises.

I will post photos when I have a chance but I couldn't wait to publicly send my kudos along to Luxire.

This is encouraging to hear, as I am considering exactly the same. It would be great if you could document the process including any pitfalls that can be avoided, or anything that you feel has to be explained in great detail. Of course pictures of your finished product would be great!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads