• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

variancelog

Reaction score
Thanks for commenting the on the fit. I didn't send in any samples, but I think I have measured 10 shirts and 7-8 pants trying to figure out accurate measurements.
I think I am going to narrow the right cuff (watch on left) and maybe the waistline a little as well.
For the pants I will contact Luxire to find a solution on the seat issue.
Now I have to decide on fabrics for next order
smile.gif

How do they correct it? Do you need to provide new measurements?

IIRC it involves something like rotating the seat seam to accommodate the hip/seat angle better. In this case there appears to be some tightness in the front as well, so there may be a fork width issue also. I've seen Luxire correct these issues effectively for others on here, so I am confident that if Luxire sees the pictures they can fix the issues with little user input. Especially given their new fitting plan!

Rincon

Reaction score
About half a year ago, I recall talk of Luxire rejiggering its pant patterns, setting the legs at a different angle.

Do you guys know if this was applied to all pant patterns or just those that have been done since the change?

Last edited:

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who've ordered the Barba spread collar as their go-to dress shirt collar, can you please let me know your preferred fusing/interlining preferences?

About to become a first-time Luxire customer.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who've ordered the Barba spread collar as their go-to dress shirt collar, can you please let me know your preferred fusing/interlining preferences?

About to become a first-time Luxire customer.

I used the dimensions and fusing/interlining listed in the collar spreadsheet for @Spandexter . There's a link to it in Luxire's signature.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's pretty much the same thing as Kent Wang's program. Get a trial based on your measurements. Take pictures with trial on. Luxire remakes the item based on the pictures from the trial fit....and so on, if needed.

The similarity, if any, ends just there.

We will be custom making the standard sized shirt. So, it can possibly have subtleties that one may want and is aware of, like, sloping shoulders. Also, we intend to give the customer the option of sending images wearing shirt/pants he already owns. Our team will analyze those images and make changes to the trial garment.

The process will thus be as participative as the customer would like.

Quote:

Yes. That is the natural way of getting fit right. Try, review, alter, repeat. We intend to do the same with the review happening through images.
No no quick method, but, we are working on creating a set of guidelines that we can follow to speed up the process. We will also offer those guidelines for self-help.
Handling volumes is something we are working on.

Terpo

Reaction score
What are the capacities looking like at the moment? I placed my order end of November and haven't received a shipping confirmation to date. Are others experiencing similar times?

scrolls

Reaction score
Hmm my only guess is one of the fabrics is something they don't stock and it's taken longer than normal for them to get it. I'd probably email Luxire and ask.

CosmeDaniel

Reaction score

What are the capacities looking like at the moment? I placed my order end of November and haven't received a shipping confirmation to date. Are others experiencing similar times?

I have an unfulfilled order pending from August but it's for a non-traditional (then) request.

Your order is a bit on the longer side unless you requested a difficult fabric to source and/or you have very specific and perhaps atypical custom requests. Doesn't hurt to email Luxire for a status update.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed an order around the end of December that just shipped this week. It was a pair of trousers based on an existing pattern, but it was a H&S fabric that they didn't have on hand, so it took a little longer than most of my other orders. If you ordered in November, you should probably check with them and see what the holdup is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads