• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Quote:
It's hard to judge from the pictures but the toe curvature of your shoes might not necessarily, depending on the leather used, be too much.

This upwards curvature prevents buckling of the sole while walking and delays the formation of ripples and creases.
Here's a €1300 bespoke shell example featuring this aforementioned trait:

(source http://www.maftei.at & http://forum.stilmagazin.com)

I'm sure your shoemaker knows what he's doing, so take everything armchair sartorialists say around here with a grain of salt.Yours truly included.

I like simple design.

UqiadJt.png

Just a quick ´sketch´.

I second the notion for a simplistic sans serifs b/w logo that works on anything from labels to print to stamped or embossed packaging .

I very much like the Margiela logo where depending on which collection you buy (menswear 10, womenswear 1, shoes 22, perfume 3, accessoires 11 etc.) the number is circled:

Last edited:

xizenta

Reaction score

I think the shoes mentioned in the write-up must be from fellow B-geuse brother @Beatlegeuse :lol:

I haven't order shoes from Luxire, although in the near future it's a possibility. :D

omg. seriously? There's two of you. No wonder I have been so confused. I didn't realize.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I like simple design.

UqiadJt.png

Just a quick ´sketch´.

I don't know if you know it, but, you are talented.

I second the notion for a simplistic sans serifs b/w logo that works on anything from labels to print to stamped or embossed packaging .

I very much like the Margiela logo where depending on which collection you buy (menswear 10, womenswear 1, shoes 22, perfume 3, accessoires 11 etc.) the number is circled:

Lot of nice suggestions and ways to work with available technologies.

We have been thinking of buying a digital fabric printing machine. Can then be used for printing completely customized labels. We just need $100K in spare change

It's hard to judge from the pictures but the toe curvature of your shoes might not necessarily, depending on the leather used, be too much.

This upwards curvature prevents buckling of the sole while walking and delays the formation of ripples and creases.
Here's a €1300 bespoke shell example featuring this aforementioned trait:

(source http://www.maftei.at & http://forum.stilmagazin.com)

I'm sure your shoemaker knows what he's doing, so take everything armchair sartorialists say around here with a grain of salt.Yours truly included.

Agree. What I have understood is that shoes that may be used "outdoors" tend to have a bit of a curve so that the front does not bump into the uneven terrain.
Dress shoes are comparatively flat soled in the front.

This is when the joy of custom comes into play, you choose your curvature.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share my experience with Luxire's customer service as of late. I've had mail correspondence with Luxire the last couple of days regarding a couple of shirts I've had made. I've been very satisfied with the product, but disappointed with the collar shape (my fault). I've spoken to Ashish on how to correct this and he's been very helpful. I asked how much Luxire charges of remaking the collars and was told they'd be happy to do it free of charge and send me pictures of the new collar before shipping the shirts out so I can make sure that I'm satisfied with the product.

To me, this is what extraordinary customer service is about: doing everything you can to guarantee that the customer is 100 % satisfied before the company sends out a product they can stand by.

Thank you for a great product, experience and service, Luxire.

p.henrik

Reaction score

Yes, noticed that. Our shoemaker seems to be in running shoes mode. Will have that corrected.

This is called toe spring and currently low toe spring (the toe very close to the ground) is very much in vogue with the high end makers. Looks more elegant IMO.

CosmeDaniel

Reaction score
Just wanted to praise @luxire for the 100,000th time on their quality workmanship.

I don't pretend to know and fully understand the full extent of just how nicely made their products are. I know that the fabrics feel nicer than those offered by other competitively priced MTM outfits, the buttons are of better quality, that requests are followed and fully implemented, etc. However, several tailors (and alterationists) have told me that they're really impressed by the workmanship and surprised by the price point. They've pointed out everything from the cutting, to the stitching, to the quality of the material (fabric, sewing yarn, etc.) used.

One of the tailors I'm referring to above is a Hong Kong based traveling tailor. I'm using them for a suit; due to my sizing it's difficult to get an OTR suit, so I'm trying to dial in a good fit in order to send to Luxire for future replication. This tailor didn't even try to sell me his company's shirts after extensively looking over the Luxire shirt I was wearing. I think that speaks highly.

moopband

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered a pea coat or any other sort of jacket solely based on shirt measurements that Luxire has? I asked Luxire this, and they said that they're not aware of this being done, however, I have my shirt measurements down at this point and wanted to see if that could be transferred into a jacket.

Terpo

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered a pea coat or any other sort of jacket solely based on shirt measurements that Luxire has? I asked Luxire this, and they said that they're not aware of this being done, however, I have my shirt measurements down at this point and wanted to see if that could be transferred into a jacket.

Yes, there is a guide on converting shirt measurements to coat measurements with a diagram posted on this thread and the peacoat thread somewhere. It was posted around this time last year.

markfjh

Reaction score
I just received my second pair of pants from Luxire and I want to commend Theresa and the Luxire team for a truly amazing job.

So the first pair of pants i got made, were made off body measurements, and there was quite a lot of room for improvement. I of course knew that this might be the case, and wasn't fussed about it. I did notice good workmanship, and I was satisfied enough to make a second order. I sent Theresa the pictures below, and asked for recommended changes, i also noted a new problems I was able to pick out, in that the waist was too loose and the overall pant length too short. After a few email exchanges, Theresa told me that I could put in another order, and to add to the notes: "Changes as per discussions with Theresa James. Pattern to be made under TJ supervision"

I think this really highlights the level of customer service provided by Luxire, that you just don't find anywhere else.

More importantly.... my package today! From the moment I put the pants on, I was impressed by the much improved fit that Luxire was able to accomplish just by the photos I had sent Theresa. I did not even need to look in the mirror to notice the massive improvement in fit. When I looked into the mirror, I was just amazed at the skill of the Luxire team, being able to make great changes with such lousy photos provided. I know there are some minor issues with the fit that can be adjusted further, but I am overly impressed with the quality of workmanship and the skill of the Luxire team.

Needless to say, I know where all my future pants will be coming from! +1 for the amazing fabrics available. I choose the Chocolate Brown Twill Chino for this pair and I absolutely love the twill fabric, it is amazingly soft to touch and feels great to wear

prozach1576

Reaction score
I have also wondered about extrapolating coat measurements from a shirt. I can't imagine that it's rocket science, and I'd be much more inclined to commission something from Luxire if I knew how to size it as I don't have anything worth sending into them.

moopband

Reaction score
I have also wondered about extrapolating coat measurements from a shirt. I can't imagine that it's rocket science, and I'd be much more inclined to commission something from Luxire if I knew how to size it as I don't have anything worth sending into them.

Yeah - that's what I was assuming. Since they essentially have all relevant measurements, the only ones I could see having to specify would be lapel size and jacket length.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just received my second pair of pants from Luxire and I want to commend Theresa and the Luxire team for a truly amazing job. So the first pair of pants i got made, were made off body measurements, and there was quite a lot of room for improvement. I of course knew that this might be the case, and wasn't fussed about it. I did notice good workmanship, and I was satisfied enough to make a second order. I sent Theresa the pictures below, and asked for recommended changes, i also noted a new problems I was able to pick out, in that the waist was too loose and the overall pant length too short. After a few email exchanges, Theresa told me that I could put in another order, and to add to the notes: "Changes as per discussions with Theresa James. Pattern to be made under TJ supervision" I think this really highlights the level of customer service provided by Luxire, that you just don't find anywhere else.
More importantly.... my package today! From the moment I put the pants on, I was impressed by the much improved fit that Luxire was able to accomplish just by the photos I had sent Theresa. I did not even need to look in the mirror to notice the massive improvement in fit. When I looked into the mirror, I was just amazed at the skill of the Luxire team, being able to make great changes with such lousy photos provided. I know there are some minor issues with the fit that can be adjusted further, but I am overly impressed with the quality of workmanship and the skill of the Luxire team.
Needless to say, I know where all my future pants will be coming from! +1 for the amazing fabrics available. I choose the Chocolate Brown Twill Chino for this pair and I absolutely love the twill fabric, it is amazingly soft to touch and feels great to wear
Glad to hear that the second pair worked out so well for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads