• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

xizenta

Reaction score

I purchased the standard @luxire tuxedo shirt, and it arrived with button cuffs. I emailed and asked if they would replace the shirt. They told me that they'd be happy to replace the cuffs if I mailed it back. I asked if they would pay for the shipping since it was their mistake, and they have yet to reply.

Their policy is that you pay shipping back to them regardless of whose error it was.

emptym

Reaction score
I have three collar preferences: light fusing for wear w/ a suit, light unfused lining for wear w/ sportcoat, and unlined for BD and casual spread collars.

The collar band has medium, unfused lining for the first two options and a light, unfused lining for the third. Generally the cuffs and placket match the collar.

Last edited:

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to construct mid-gray pants in cotton to pair with navy jackets in wool, linen and cotton.

any recommendations?

xizenta

Reaction score

A) It's absurd that a customer would have to pay international shipping for a mistake as blatant as putting barrelicuffs on a formal shirt.

B) A reply to the email is just professional courtesy.

I was just telling you their policy.
However, maybe they will make an exception in your case, don't worry (did you happen to choose the correct cuffs on the web interface when ordering?).
Ps they have mentioned in this thread a few times this week that they are behind on e-mails at this time. Do not worry, they will get to you. Just don't nag them and Theresa will take care of you :).

Last edited:

Ironballs

Reaction score
A) It's absurd that a customer would have to pay international shipping for a mistake as blatant as putting barrelicuffs on a formal shirt.

B) A reply to the email is just professional courtesy.

It's mentioned in the FAQ, something you should have familiarised before taking the risk of ordering. As Luxire stated two pages ago, they will get to you but are traveling (most likely shopping for fabrics).

Shipping for a shirt is not expensive, just use http://luxire.com/products/prepay-for-shipping-an-item-to-us and it's $20 unless you're in Aus/NZ.

scrolls

Reaction score
gladhands,

Check the email confirmation they sent you after placing the order and see what you selected for cuffs. I've made mistakes on orders before (and then assumed it was Luxire's fault before double checking the order).

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
Latest order details.

Order placed: 9/26
Shipping notification received: 10/8
Total production time: 13 days (includes weekends)

Order consisted of 4 shirts, 2 sets of the same fabric with slightly different construction. Used the same measurements on a few previous orders. I am guessing the use of the same measurements and in-stock fabrics helped with the turnaround time.

ILikeBacon

Reaction score
Had Luxire make a noragi for me based off of the Visvim Lhamo and Epaulet Kamigata

1389723_1490042661271045_1899537529_n.jpg

They definitely exceeded my expectations here. Big ups to Luxire for this project! I am definitely more than pleased with how it turned out!

Only little error was the strip of white fabric added on the inside of the cuff. I didn't ask for it but I think they saw it on the pictures of the Visvim I linked them. I would've been fine with it however they mistakenly attached it to the top of the cuff instead of the base of the shirt sleeve (so when the sleeve is flipped up you can see it).

Everything else was executed perfectly though! They even added the triangular underarm inserts that the Visvim noragis have then though I didn't ask for it! Same with the interior yoke lining.

Sadly, I underestimated the length I wanted and thus I'm not 100% pleased with the fit. Definitely going to reorder with some slight modifications. Any suggestions? One main thing I noticed is that the seams on mine seem a lot cleaner/smoother, whereas the ones on the Epaulet/Visvim are more rough/distressed looking. What causes this?

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's the fabric on that?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@ILikeBacon that looks great. I have the Kamigata and it is an excellent inspiration. This makes me wonder about where I can get some sashiko cloth. My Luxire CMT dreams are multiplying.

emptym

Reaction score

A) It's absurd that a customer would have to pay international shipping for a mistake as blatant as putting barrelicuffs on a formal shirt...

WW Chan has the same policy. No matter who's at fault, you pay to ship to them and they pay to ship to you. So either way, both sides share the cost of the exchange. It's certainly frustrating when one side is clearly at fault, but I think it's a good policy as it saves on any need to find blame.

...One main thing I noticed is that the seams on mine seem a lot cleaner/smoother, whereas the ones on the Epaulet/Visvim are more rough/distressed looking. What causes this?

Two things, I think. Looks like the Visvim one uses fewer stitches per inch and the garment was washed after being made.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads