• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the useless advice. I was under the impressions these forums where to discuss the good and the bad. Let me know how you feel when some faceless person in a 3rd world country calls you a cheat

The fact that you think that it is relevant that Theresa is from a "3rd world country" and that this somehow devalues or lessens her opinion, or has any effect on it at all, speaks volumes about you.

Piss off to another thread. And don't order any more from Luxire if you don't want to. They gave you a full refund. Sounds like you were lucky to get that.

Last edited:

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The fact that you think that it is relevant that Theresa is from a "3rd world country" and that this somehow devalues or lessens her opinion, or has any effect on it at all, speaks volumes about you.

Piss off to another thread. And don't order any more from Luxire if you don't want to. They gave you a full refund. Sounds like you were lucky to get that.

Thanks for pointing that out, but again it is called venting. Do people not do that in the perfect world you live in! This is my last post about this topic, but as I said when you or anyone else get screwed over by someone you might get upset also and need to vent.

terra firma

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out, but again it is called venting. Do people not do that in the perfect world you live in! This is my last post about this topic, but as I said when you or anyone else get screwed over by someone you might get upset also and need to vent.

Her race/country of origin has nothing to do with the company or the products they put out. Vent somewhere else. Nobody cares what you have to say.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Her race/country of origin has nothing to do with the company or the products they put out. Vent somewhere else. Nobody cares what you have to say.

I never mentioned race Mr 103 posts. Maybe you should be around a little longer before you take on the voice of reason for the thread. Just as no one in the end cares about my vent, your internet opinion also means nothing.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This thread really isn't about you or your venting. Take it to the "What's pissing you off" thread if you need to spew bile to relieve stress. You made your point, now let's keep the thread civil and productive.

terra firma

Reaction score
I never mentioned race Mr 103 posts. Maybe you should be around a little longer before you take on the voice of reason for the thread. Just as no one in the end cares about my vent, your internet opinion also means nothing.

Yeah bringing up someone's country of origin is never about race.

Gsvs5

Reaction score
Much as I search,I am not able to find any guide to different collar lining options/pros/cons etc.i understand the negative of Fused,but am at a loss as to choice of weight and correct balance for particular fabrics and outcome.Would appreciate any guidance.Thanks

Garasaki

Reaction score
Much as I search,I am not able to find any guide to different collar lining options/pros/cons etc.i understand the negative of Fused,but am at a loss as to choice of weight and correct balance for particular fabrics and outcome.Would appreciate any guidance.Thanks

+1

Ironballs

Reaction score
When it's fused vs. unfused, neither is inherently better than the other. With both done properly, it's a stylistic choice. Of course, when mass-producing shirts, fusing is easier, but when Luxire or any custom tailor makes your shirts, they will put just as much care into making the shirt regardless of the fusing of the interlining.

I haven't been able to find out what are the exact collar options, but I think the lining options for the collar itself are light/medium/stiff, and for fusing you can choose either soft or medium fusing (I'm not sure if this is the case, does it mean the amount of interlining present in the collar? @luxire ?).

Here's a great piece about fusing by shirtmaker Alexander Kabbaz, explaining the details of the process: http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?118102-Fused-vs-Unfused-Collars

Thrifter

Reaction score
I have asked for fused cuffs on all my Luxire dress shirts since I find the stiffer cuff gives a sharper look when worn with a jacket. I find unfused interlining decouples from the fabric when the cuffs bend and it tends to create a weird fabric bubble. I've never had a problem with fusing bubbling from laundering and ironing a shirt.

Spurious

Reaction score
I've never decided which fusing I wanted with my shirts. Either had Luxire decide or I replicated a collar.
I came to the conclusion that I should try fully fused. I dislike the feel of unfused and soft interlining, it's fine for BD collars but for everything else I rather have a stiffer collar. It changes if I am wearing a tie but I never do.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased the standard @luxire tuxedo shirt, and it arrived with button cuffs. I emailed and asked if they would replace the shirt. They told me that they'd be happy to replace the cuffs if I mailed it back. I asked if they would pay for the shipping since it was their mistake, and they have yet to reply.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jocelyarker