• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

zedd

Reaction score
Long time lurker of this thread ... Seeking some advise on ordering.

I've ordered and received a shirt and it fits pretty good except for waist (blame it on my diet). I'm planning for my next order of a few shirts. How should I proceed? Enter all the measurements again plus all the customization as previous order or quote the order and input the changes in the Notes box? Wouldnt want to receive a shirt with a new pattern made when the shirt I have now fits pretty well already. Thanks.

Garasaki

Reaction score
This one here, by Brembana:

http://luxire.com/products/red-blue-grey-plaid

I love the fabric...the description says medium weight but I think it's pretty lightweight, perfect for warmer days. It's much much lighter and thinner than any of my oxford shirts from Luxire.

Thats a great casual shirt fabric. Might be my next order. Would be great as you are wearing it but also would be good with a navy blazer over the top but no tie.

Garasaki

Reaction score
Long time lurker of this thread ... Seeking some advise on ordering.

I've ordered and received a shirt and it fits pretty good except for waist (blame it on my diet). I'm planning for my next order of a few shirts. How should I proceed? Enter all the measurements again plus all the customization as previous order or quote the order and input the changes in the Notes box? Wouldnt want to receive a shirt with a new pattern made when the shirt I have now fits pretty well already. Thanks.

I just leave all the measurement stuff blank and say "same dimensions as order ### with the following changes _____"

Also, you should note that your previous order is "shape only". So if you have special features, like cuffs, lining, pockets, zippers, buttons, etc, you need to repeat that explicitly for future orders if you want those features included.

GrensonMan

Reaction score
Made some tweaks to my latest order. Provided a picture of the front of the shirt with a line across the half chest with directions to add 1/2", so from 18" to 18.5". Will it be clear you think that I want a 37" chest and not a 36.5"?

Haha I've never felt so manic as I do waiting for my order to see how they interpreted my instructions.

zedd

Reaction score

I just leave all the measurement stuff blank and say "same dimensions as order ### with the following changes _____"

Also, you should note that your previous order is "shape only".  So if you have special features, like cuffs, lining, pockets, zippers, buttons, etc, you need to repeat that explicitly for future orders if you want those features included.

Thanks *thumbs up*. I went ahead and clarified it with Theresa and the said the following :

"You can order by leaving the select options to default and only adding to the notes:

Same styling and measurements as my previous order #xxxx, with the following changes:
Waist:
Chest:
Stitch color:
Buttons:

You can then add to cart and checkout. We will thus have all your requirements and make the shirts accordingly."

We'll see how this goes. Cant wait :slayer:

Kalistoga

Reaction score
Hi all,

Great forum - having a good time looking around and getting some inspiration. I am in the hunt for a Bond style peacoat, and I have learned here that Luxire seems to custom make a nice one. However, I am confused about how to give my measurements. Should I measure myself while wearing all the layers I will have on under the coat? When I give my measurements, will that be the actual size made, or will Luxire also add some give to the coat to account for the aforementioned layers? And finally, is there a pic to illustrate the proper way to measure ourselves so I don't screw it up? The one on the actual website can't be expanded and the hover zoom isn't really working for me.

Thanks for the help!

Kal

KingD

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just did some fitting with my first orderd shirts and was thinking about reducing my back chest by 1'' and back waist by 3'' for my next order.

Would I instead be able to request darts cutting away 3'' at the waist instead of reducing the back waist by 3''.
Or for instance reducing the back waist by 1'' and having darts cut away 2''.

And am I correct too think that darts do not influence the back chest measurement?

The reason I am thinking about this is that you can still remove darts if the shirt gets too tight, but reducing the back chest and back waist is just permanent.

Ironballs

Reaction score
It depends on the depth of the darts.

For very deep darts, the dart seam has to start quite high up, otherwise the taper will not be smooth, and you will get horizontal creases. You will not want that.

If you only ask for the deepening of the darts, but not reduced overall fabric, then the back chest - the upper back - measurement may reduce because of this reason.

The safest bet is to ask for both reductions and then ask Luxire to add darts as well. It will not be entirely done with darts unless you ask for it--I think--and that has the aforementioned risk.

If the shirt is too tight, you can open the darts, but there will be slightly less fabric, since the reduction in size will not be done entirely with darts. That is my guess, do not take it as a fact.

Last edited:

Xtra

Reaction score
Hi all,

Great forum - having a good time looking around and getting some inspiration. I am in the hunt for a Bond style peacoat, and I have learned here that Luxire seems to custom make a nice one. However, I am confused about how to give my measurements. Should I measure myself while wearing all the layers I will have on under the coat? When I give my measurements, will that be the actual size made, or will Luxire also add some give to the coat to account for the aforementioned layers? And finally, is there a pic to illustrate the proper way to measure ourselves so I don't screw it up? The one on the actual website can't be expanded and the hover zoom isn't really working for me.

Thanks for the help!

Kal

Hi!

I wondered about some of the same things as you did and got some input from Luxire on the matter.

Excerpts from my emails with Luxire;
"Best to measure a coat that fits well, adjusting for thickness. Basically, an inch increase in body and sleeve widths should work well." "If you measure a similar jacket, we are all good and no adjustment is required." "The reason is that we measure the garment on the outside. The thickness of the fabric in the garment being measured plays a role in how it will fit as the inside measurement will differ. So, as long as we get to the right inside measurements, we should be good."

So the consensus seems to be measure a similar style jacket and of similar thickness, e.g. wool coat or other similar jackets. Of course you need to adjust measurements where neccesary, for example a peacoat is normally a lot shorter than a coat and so on.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads