• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

bdbb

Reaction score
Finally got my shirt today and it's actually...not bad. I think for most of my needs I'll still be better served buying nice OTR shirts here and on ebay and having them tailored, but I could see myself ordering again if I needed something specific (for example if I have a hard time finding a good red gingham shirt). I would rate them:

fit/construction: 8.5/10 - they duplicated the shirt I sent pretty faithfully and it fits basically how I expected based on the adjustments I made (old shirt fits better but I asked for more room in this one because I'm gaining weight). Getting a completely wearable shirt first try isn't bad at all. Only anomaly is that the collar sits oddly...a bit loose at back of the neck and a bit tight over adam's apple. No issues with construction. They tapered the back with small darts as I requested and I was impressed that they're almost invisible

Fabric/Value: 7.5/10 - I got the sky blue dobby twill for $80 (marked from $100), which won't be confused with the nicest shirts in my closet but is still pretty nice. My one prior MTM experience was a $60ish Jantzen shirt a few years ago that had itchy, papery fabric I considered unwearable. This, I would say is comparable to middle of the road OTR makers (shirts full retailing for $100-$150 like Hickey, Behar, etc.).

Buttons: 4/10 - There has to be a way to get better looking MOP buttons with some actual luster without a large addon fee ($20 I think?). Or am I just wholly disconnected from what good MOP buttons add to the cost? Maybe $5-$10 for the upgrade would be more palatable.

Anyways, it seems like they follow instructions well and the basic model shirts are a fairly good value. If they get their order times fixed (or at least start communicating realistic estimates up front before the order is placed), I could recommend them.

Last edited:

Iipe

Reaction score
fit/construction: 8.5/10 - they duplicated the shirt I sent pretty faithfully and it fits basically how I expected based on the adjustments I made (old shirt fits better but I asked for more room in this one because I'm gaining weight). Getting a completely wearable shirt first try isn't bad at all. Only anomaly is that the collar sits oddly...a bit loose at back of the neck and a bit tight over adam's apple. No issues with construction. They tapered the back with small darts as I requested and I was impressed that they're almost invisible

I had this fit issue with one trial shirt from Luxire. The problem was me giving too snug measurements. When I increased the chest and yoke measurements a bit the next shirt fitted as it should. So I think my problem was too tight shirt from the shoulder blades which pulled the back of the collar further back.

Same issue might be fixed with adjusting the shirt for forward shoulders if increasing the yoke does not seem a good option. My problem was that I wanted well-fitting shirts and it took me a while to realize that too small does not fit well.

Turner

Reaction score

Buttons: 4/10 - There has to be a way to get better looking MOP buttons with some actual luster without a large addon fee ($20 I think?). Or am I just wholly disconnected from what good MOP buttons add to the cost? Maybe $5-$10 for the upgrade would be more palatable....

At several retailers like Acorn thin MOP buttons in 18L are about 0.84 per button. Thicker buttons like those at Prestige Buttons are 1.90 in 18L, so the price for the thick premium MOP of 20$ seems realistic to me. They are really nice, but I won't order them for every shirt. That being said, I like the thin standard MOP better, because they are easier to button than the thick ones.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 800 dollars in luxire gift cards that I need to use. I think I am going to order 2 chinos, dugdale trousers, and 3 shirts, maybe some jeans if I happen to have any money leftover. Im going to send in pants and shirt for measurements.

Don't order all at once, unless you have your fit nailed down.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dumb question - are shorts the same price as pants? Looks great.

Yes. Efforts are the same, fabric consumption MAY vary.

Once we get into the discount thing, we will need to define how short are shorts. That can be complicated.

Like we do not charge extra for Big & Tall customers, we do not offer discount for shorter customers. Shorts can be full length trousers for some, after all :)

Same for short sleeve shirts.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
which epic fabric colours are you currently carrying? I'm looking for light blue and navy blue golf trousers that can withstand a summer rain.

terra firma

Reaction score
Yes. Efforts are the same, fabric consumption MAY vary.

Once we get into the discount thing, we will need to define how short are shorts. That can be complicated.

Like we do not charge extra for Big & Tall customers, we do not offer discount for shorter customers. Shorts can be full length trousers for some, after all :)

Same for short sleeve shirts.

There is an argument to be made that a short sleeve shirt takes considerably less time to make due to the fact that you aren't worrying about cuffs/buttons.

Displacement

Reaction score
Seems silly to ask for a lower charge for removing a shirt cuff, but not ask for a higher charge when adding pants cuffs, hidden buttons, extra pockets, side adjusters, custom pleats...

Last edited:

Spandexter

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads