• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking forward to seeing how these turned out.
Did you order anything unusual, fishtail waist, Gurkha straps etc?
-TTO

nothing too fancy for the first try: a pretty high-wasted Chino (Copper Chino fabric) with DAKS-side-adjusters and 2" cuffs.
I really want some light-grey wool trouser with a fishtail back, but I will take on this project after I check if I got the measurements correct.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nothing too fancy for the first try: a pretty high-wasted Chino (Copper Chino fabric) with DAKS-side-adjusters and 2" cuffs.
I really want some light-grey wool trouser with a fishtail back, but I will take on this project after I check if I got the measurements correct.

Timo, or somebody else... those daks adjusters... how do they work? Sorry about my ignorance. :(

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My next pair:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that's not an argument in favor of a high rise and forward pleats, nothing is. One of my favorite trouser fits of all time.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, those with side metal adjusters in flannel would be great; however, I am unsure of high they are going to end up with MTM.

joewmoss

Reaction score
If that's not an argument in favor of a high rise and forward pleats, nothing is. One of my favorite trouser fits of all time.
I have three pairs of Luxire pants (waiting on fourth) with the DAKs adjusters. They dont have to worn that high though and still look good. The DAKs are great but you have to get the measurements right. Once the button placement is correct, it's great. I can tighten and loosen at various times. No belt needed.

NoQualms

Reaction score
Is there a brick-and-mortar store in Edison where I could have measurements taken? I live close enough to pick shirts up in-person.

burghler

Reaction score
I actually just picked my popover shirt from Fedex today.
I'd say it depends on how fitted your other shirts were. My previous shirts weren't tight but weren't baggy and it was a bit hard getting the popover on at first.
I had to put in both my arms first and then pop it over and getting it off wasn't that easy either. I'd suggest adding some width so that getting it on and off would be much simpler

Thanks for the advice. I wouldn't classify my shirts as super slim but I have a pretty large drop (~9 inches) so I'm thinking the waist area of the shirt will be pretty difficult to put on over the chest. I'll probably add 1 inch (maybe 1.5) to my normal waist measurement and see how it goes.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there a brick-and-mortar store in Edison where I could have measurements taken? I live close enough to pick shirts up in-person.

Currently no, but hopefully in the "not so far" future.

TintinATL

Reaction score
Question: I've seen a couple of shirts in this thread that I like very much, with the order number mentioned.
How do I use the order number of another customer when placing my own order?

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my selvedge jeans, and I couldn't be more satisfied with the way they turned out. The denim is very nice, and the color is perfect. I had some out of the ordinary requests for jeans, so I was a little worried at first how Luxire would interpret them, but they turned out to be exactly how I imagined them! I asked for:

*Zip fly with hook-and-bar closure
*On seam front pockets
*2 rear buttoned welt pockets

*Single, small reverse pleats
*Plain seams
*Side adjusters
*Separately included belt loops, just in case I'd like to swap the adjusters for loops later on

They have a higher rise than most jeans, and together with all the other details they are on the dressier side of the spectrum, as far as jeans can be dressy. The jeans probably wouldn't be an SF favorite, but again, I couldn't be happier with them, and will certainly be ordering more pants from Luxire in the future!

Last edited:

Xtra

Reaction score
Question: I've seen a couple of shirts in this thread that I like very much, with the order number mentioned.
How do I use the order number of another customer when placing my own order?

In the notes section - you could say "use collar style from order #1234" (as an example of an order number)

Just received my selvedge jeans, and I couldn't be more satisfied with the way they turned out. The denim is very nice, and the color is perfect. I had some out of the ordinary requests for jeans, so I was a little worried at first how Luxire would interpret them, but they turned out to be exactly how I imagined them! I asked for:

*Zip fly with hook-and-bar closure
*On seam front pockets
*2 rear buttoned welt pockets

*Single, small reverse pleats
*Plain seams
*Side adjusters
*Separately included belt loops, just in case I'd like to swap the adjusters for loops later on

They have a higher rise than most jeans, and together with all the other details they are on the dressier side of the spectrum, as far as jeans can be dressy. The jeans probably wouldn't be an SF favorite, but again, I couldn't be happier with them, and will certainly be ordering more pants from Luxire in the future!

Sounds great, I'm probably ordering a pair of jeans from Luxire quite soon. What kind of selvedge jeans did you go for? 14 oz dark/13 oz dark indigo or 13 oz raw denim?

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the notes section - you could say "use collar style from order #1234" (as an example of an order number)

Sounds great, I'm probably ordering a pair of jeans from Luxire quite soon. What kind of selvedge jeans did you go for? 14 oz dark/13 oz dark indigo or 13 oz raw denim?
I went for 14oz dark-- I'll try to take some pictures later today. I really like the darker color of the fabric, but think I'll order the 13oz raw denim next, just to add some variety to my wardrobe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads