• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have pictures of the Easy-to-Iron Blue Chambray, and excactly how blue it is? And have somebody tried the #1738 collar unfused and unlined?

scrolls

Reaction score
Does anyone own any of the 100% premium linen pants and want to comment on how breathable they are? I have a couple light weight linen shirts that are awesome for the hottest summer days (gets up to 95 degrees with 100% humidity here). I've been wanting to try a pair of Luxire's linen pants but the descriptions say medium weight which makes me hesitant. I'm specifically looking at the Light Grey Herringbone Tweed but there are several others that are 100% linen as well.

Last edited:

Tommi

Reaction score
Luxire,

I would be delighted if you stocked some blue "high contrast oxford" like the one Die, Workwear wrote about:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tommi, have you had a look at the Classic Blue Oxford? I think you might like it.

An update on my situation with Luxire - After I made the post at the thread Theresa emailed me that my shirts would be finished and shipped till today (thursday).
As it's almost midnight at CET and it's friday in Bangalore already and the shirts still have not shipped, I am quite disappointed.
Not only won't they arrive in time for the special event I informed Luxire about weeks in advance, they didn't even meet their own promised time frame.
It leaves me wondering if the money spent on swatches - I really wanted to build a whole shirt rotation through them and maybe even add some other pieces - was money well spent as I am uncertain if I want to work with them anymore.
The customer service, which I value the second most important aspect besides product quality in an online tailor, has suffered a lot since they started to add new products to their range continuously.
I feel existing customers should be treated no worse than potential new ones, but maybe I am just old-fashioned.

wqvong

Reaction score
I feel the same way, I am really disappointed in them. Over a month and half to make one pant?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have to know that there are time delays in making things in India. Also, it should be expected. I know someone is going to type rabble rabble rabble unacceptable, but I felt it had to be said.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not disagree with you.

I do understand things work differently in India, also I understand I will receive a product of good quality which I won't be able to buy from a lot of other places for the same money I pay to Luxire.
What I am disappointed about though, is that I was not informed about the delay eventhough I told Theresa repeatedly that I had a special event lined up at which I wanted to wear the shirts at.
Not only am I missing the two shirts of Luxire but the one I sent in to copy some measurements from.
Last but not least I have had to wait for replies to my emails and PMs for 4+ days up to more than a whole week for several times.
Only when I start posting about it in this thread I receive replies.
If the customer service would be more responsive, I would have asked to at least have my other shirt sent back to me earlier.
Failures and delays can happen but a good customer service would be open and honest about them and would try to solve the problem as good as possible.
Those points are what I am not happy with in Luxire.

Last edited:

Pasha

Reaction score

You have to know that there are time delays in making things in India. Also, it should be expected. I know someone is going to type rabble rabble rabble unacceptable, but I felt it had to be said.

I think you are right. That should be expected. And much more, as I am sure time will show.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's no doubt that the addition of other products has seemed to add to the delay of the core business (shirts).

Does anyone remember the initial launch with a "5 day turnaround"?

I am a big Luxire fan, as a look through this thread will show. But I myself have been waiting for a suit that I paid for on 25 March, and a quilted jacket, and a suit jacket of my own that I sent them to copy a week or so earlier (and said that I needed back ASAP!). I understand that there have been delays since this is the first full suit they have made and one of the first quilted jackets, and that there were delays sourcing good quality materials and labour, and I accept these as not representative of a regular order, but it still concerns me. I was initially told the whole thing would be with me in three weeks, if I recall correctly.

My concern is that Luxire is simply expanding too quickly, and instead of adding new products every couple of weeks, they should focus on pumping out the existing products a bit quicker, especially shirts.

I stress that my communications with Theresa have generally been fantastic, including sending me in progress shots of my suit and quilted jacket, although there has been a noticeable time lag in receiving responses lately.

Every product I have received has been of great quality, and I have no doubt that my suit will be the same. But I am worried, because at the moment the delays reported in this thread seem to be increasing rather than decreasing...

Last edited:

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do think being more responsive is necessary but at the same time the product produced is a great value so with that in mind it doesn't bother me much. I can see how it would for others though.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A question for Luxire customers:

What method have you had best results with in terms of measuring?

I want to order pants and a shirt. (Will likely order more, but I'm going to start with one each to try to dial in the fit.)

It appears from the web site that I have 3 options: Measure a garment that I like, and send the measurements; measure my body dimensions and send the measurements; send them a garment I like and have them take the measurements from that garment.

What method(s) did you use? How were the results?

joewmoss

Reaction score
A question for Luxire customers:

What method have you had best results with in terms of measuring?

I want to order pants and a shirt. (Will likely order more, but I'm going to start with one each to try to dial in the fit.)

It appears from the web site that I have 3 options: Measure a garment that I like, and send the measurements; measure my body dimensions and send the measurements; send them a garment I like and have them take the measurements from that garment.

What method(s) did you use? How were the results?
Don't just measure one garment. Measure several that you like and create a hybrid set of measurement based on the best attributes of the individual garments. Put the measurements in a spreadsheet. Wear the garments yhou want to measure the week before you sit down and measure them so you know how they fit.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My sincere apologies to all who have been disappointed with the time delays in delivery and at times communication.

We are working on bringing the timeline back in control and we do see it happening in 4-6 weeks where we would not only be clearing up the backlogs but also bringing current orders delivery timeline to comfortable levels.

Communication: It is the same person who communicates with you, who follows up on your orders, who sources materials for your custom needs, keeps a tab on timelines and does everything else. Finding another person to share the load is tough. We are working hard on it.

A lot of the emails can be replied with better use of technology(order status), better faqs(Can this be done, are collars fused/unfused) and overall better systems. We still use the good old mail client for emails and replies. Some mails get marked as "read" and we miss getting back to them. We tried adding 2 different CRM solutions but it did not work well for us. Working on a better solution.

New products: The new products fill a big void out there for high quality products at logical prices. There were delay issues when we were making only shirts. Reading this thread would show.

Did they add to the delay in shirts? - The truth is no. There were some other factors that led to the delay in shirt orders, which was poor management from my end. The lesson has been learnt.
We do expect shirt orders to be back on track fairly quickly.

Pants are taking much longer to make. There is some backlog there but I see it getting cleared too.

The uncompromising mindset towards quality remains stronger than ever. At the same time, the 5 day delivery is somewhere at the back of the mind and we want to get back to it.

My apologies once again.

Tommi

Reaction score

Tommi, have you had a look at the Classic Blue Oxford? I think you might like it.

Actually I have a shirt made of Classic Blue Oxford. It's my favourite shirt in terms of everything but the colour doesn't have that kind of contrast.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads