• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

variancelog

Reaction score
I'm not sure I completely understood… could be possible you can mark the original photo where does the neck would need to be increased? I thought that making the collar band a little bit more shallow (from 4cm to 3cm) in the front could be better and the collar would sit lower on my neck.
I believe something like this would do the trick. It's hard to say exactly how much to lower it but I think Luxire can determine based on your picture and having the original pattern. I estimate it could be lowered by 1/4" or so, perhaps even more.

Edit: I just noticed what you mean about having the collar sit lower by making the collar stand shorter. However, I don't think this will help as it's the collar stand itself that needs to move down.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It is always a good idea to provide a wider shot when highlighting fit issues than a close up of the issue.

The problem may originate somewhere else. A wider shot helps us understand the cause.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I believe something like this would do the trick. It's hard to say exactly how much to lower it but I think Luxire can determine based on your picture and having the original pattern. I estimate it could be lowered by 1/4" or so, perhaps even more. Edit: I just noticed what you mean about having the collar sit lower by making the collar stand shorter. However, I don't think this will help as it's the collar stand itself that needs to move down.
Could this be done by an alterations tailor?
It is always a good idea to provide a wider shot when highlighting fit issues than a close up of the issue. The problem may originate somewhere else. A wider shot helps us understand the cause.
Yeap, will send those pics to Thersa, to see what she recommends for future orders! :D

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire orders gone wrong

I really should have better things to do, but I thought that by sharing my experiences, I could also ask if others have had similar ones.

1. I had four custom shirts made about a year-and-a-half ago. Details and measurements were like I'd come to expect from Luxire, but the collars and cuffs were cardboard-stiff when I had asked for unfused and stiff, but "not as stiff as my high club collar shirt has". These were rock-hard. I had asked for such in an old club collar to get that vintage feeling, but not on these Tattersalls.

2. Well, I didn't like the collars and cuffs so I paid up and had new ones made to exchange the originals. When they arrived, all were lacking buttonholes and buttons.

3. I paid up and sent the replacement sets back to India, but was told that they never arrived so I paid up again and had new sets made.

4. When the second sets arrived, all details were there (and all even had buttonholes and buttons to boot!). Except when my seamstress wanted to exchange the collars, she noticed that they were shorter than the neckband -- even though the distance from buttonhole to button was the same as on my original order. The cuffs were fine.

5. I now have four shirts I haven't worn in 1½ years because the original collars and cuffs were far too hard, the replacement set lacked buttons and buttonholes, and the second set has too short collars bands.

6. I was asked to send the four shirts back to India for new collars, but with tracking from Finland to the land of mangoes, and then back again, the total sum would rise to hundreds of euros. The original cost for four Tattersall shirts was about $80 per item + shipping. I don't feel like I should pay up for the mistakes of Luxire's shirtmakers yet again. I'm happy to add photos if someone asks -- I've saved them all.

Mind you, this isn't the first time Luxire gets a detail wrong or very wrong, but so far I've been mostly content. When they get it right, they offer the best price-quality deals available, and they have improved during the last year. Their quality control, on the other hand, is sleeping in work around half the time and half of my orders.

So then, have you had similar experiences with your custom garments? How often does Luxire get things right?

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire do make mistakes sometimes, and I'm sorry that this happened in your case.

But if you order from Luxire, and they make a mistake, you wear the cost of shipping back to them for a remake.

That's been the contract we enter into with them from day 1.

Some of the things you're complaining about are semantics/matters of interpretation anyway.

And why you'd ever attempt to ship something to India without tracking or insurance, I don't know. That's just daft. It almost certainly got stopped at customs waiting for someone to pay a duty on it - they do that unless you clearly mark the package as "used clothes".

Last edited:

Landscape

Reaction score
^To defend him tracked shipping is ridiculously expensive some places in Europe. If you want to send an insured package between 1-5kg it's $100 where I live, so you might as well order a new shirt.

henn

Reaction score
Can Luxire give a rough estimate about the time it will take for the Black Friday shirts in G&R fabrics to be made and delivered ?

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The fact that Luxire doesn't make you aware of this option when you tell them you're returning an item (at least in my case) is mind boggling.

So true! I only learned of this option now and it would have spared me from a world of trouble. Despite the "new nice" their webstore's functionality is still straight from the '90s.

Some of the things you're complaining about are semantics/matters of interpretation anyway.

And why you'd ever attempt to ship something to India without tracking or insurance, I don't know. That's just daft. It almost certainly got stopped at customs waiting for someone to pay a duty on it - they do that unless you clearly mark the package as "used clothes".

You're missing my point. This point is that, while all manufacturers make mistakes, these shouldn't happen several times in a row. It shows that the people in charge of quality control are not doing their job well at all, and it also makes a deep dent into a perceived image of quality. If the replacement set of collars and cuffs would have had buttons and buttonholes, which really are a given in these garments, I would have likely worn the shirts for over a year now as a happy bloke. The parcel getting lost was my mistake, but I wouldn't have sent it if the set was flawless. This whole thing is one big mess.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, here's something I wasn't expecting: Ashish has cancelled all of my pending orders, including a nice Black Friday find. This really isn't the "new nice" I've been reading about in this thread.

Two questions raise to mind:

Is it moral for a company to react to criticism by cancelling all orders before trying to settle?

Is it acceptable business conduct to deny any future services to a customer with an order history of 25 transactions?

I can live without Luxire, but I'm truly sad to see such conduct from a new-ish company still trying to build a reputation and client base. They really are doing something novel and I've been glad to be part of it. The trouble is, other customers may raise concerns about their orders in the future -- and they too may face similar handling. Can all of you reading this trust Luxire to truly be nice?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads