• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rounding out my summer shirt collection:

GTZ45264_thumb.jpg

1x Ivory White Broadcloth 120/2

GTZ45264_thumb.jpg

1x Ivory White Broadcloth 120/2

GTZ47481_thumb.jpeg

1x Black Maroon Tattersall Madras

Maroon_Cotton_Linen_thumb.jpeg

1x Maroon Cool Linen Cotton
Persian_Green_Cotton_Linen_thumb.jpeg

1x Persian Green Cool Linen Cotton

GTZ49079_thumb.jpeg

1x Peach Casual Oxford

GTZ48459_thumb.jpeg

1x Cream Dress Herringbone

The linen-cottons will have one-piece collars, the peach a spread collar with coconut buttons, the cream herringbone and one of the ivory white will be french-cuff w/spread collars and the tattersall will have a military vibe with two chest pockets and shoulder epaulettes (I've also shortened it and straightened the hem so I can wear it untucked). The other ivory white will be a bit different, as I've requested a mandarin collar (with a split at the centre-front) and a higher collar band than normal.

Last order for a while I think!!

Last edited:

scrolls

Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question, but what exactly is a one-piece collar? Well, I assume it's all one piece, but what is the aesthetic difference and pros/cons vs a regular collar?

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe a stupid question, but what exactly is a one-piece collar? Well, I assume it's all one piece, but what is the aesthetic difference and pros/cons vs a regular collar?

My next luxire shirt will combine elements of most of the collars you highlighted. It will be one piece, with a wide spread and hidden buttons with soft lining and no fusing, just like the Ring Jacket shirt and Finamore below:

Old post but the pics should answer your question

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How do people go about ordering swatches of fabrics?

Put the list of swatches in your additional requests field, and then add the "Additional Service" product so you can pay for them. Add $1 per swatch.

terra firma

Reaction score
Put the list of swatches in your additional requests field, and then add the "Additional Service" product so you can pay for them. Add $1 per swatch.

Do you have to order a shirt in order to get the swatches? Is there an option for additional services elsewhere?

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Placed an order for an pretty unique shirt on April 12th. I have been charged for it already, but I think that's only because I used PayPal. I'll keep the thread up to date with the timeline, as well as the finished product.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Do you have to order a shirt in order to get the swatches? Is there an option for additional services elsewhere?

You have to pay for shipping if you're just ordering swatches, which makes it rather uneconomical.

However:
Place "Additional Service" in your cart.
Go to cart.
Add list of swatches to "Notes" field.

Turner

Reaction score
Today the Linen: Pale Blue End-on-End and the Linen: Natural Ecru Heavy Vintage from the Linen-Discounts finally arrived.

The shirt is awsome, the one-piece-collar is almost exactly like I wanted it.

Just the curve at the transition from the viritual collar band to the points should have been like this (G. Inglese collar):

The fabric is very nice - breathable, light but just enough substance so the skin tone doesn't show through. Fit is a bit loose than the other shirts becaus it's meant for summer, but I didn't wash or iron it yet. It's the first time I got the Premium MOP buttons, but in future orders I'll switch back to the thin standard buttons.

The trousers are really heavy, really slubby, but the feel is great. Unfortunately the waist and the legs are too big, Maybe my mistake or because I measured flat-front trousers with belt-loops but ordered one with pleats and Daks side adjusters. The waist shouldn't be a problem for my tailor, but I'm a bit hesitate for the legs since I went for button cuffs. Other and that I'm very pleased with this one.

Fit (straight out of the box)

Last edited:

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
is the one piece collar hidden button down? I'm thinking of getting one like this. Care to share your order#?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For hidden button-down, we also offer the option of magnets. We will make a small pocket on the underside of the collar for the magnet. You can insert the magnet in it and attach another to the inside of the shirt body.

Magnets will be provided too, 4 for $10.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads