• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Megakurth

Reaction score
For anyone who might be interested, I posted some fit photos over on the Tailor's Thread of my second home trial for a Dugdale grey flannel suit jacket. This is my first suit with Luxire and, so far, the process has been enjoyable. I do have some weird fit challenges around the collar and shoulders that every other tailor I've tried has struggled with. If we nail it, I'll be ordering all of my suits and jackets from Luxire.

Looks like a great start for remote. Some room in the chest may help it all sit better as it does look to be “bowing”. Shoulders look like they could use some work, but nothing that can’t be achieved between now and finishing.

Seaminglyso

Reaction score
@luxire I want to voice what may seem like an unpopular opinion, but I bet dollars to donuts that at least a decent number of people agree. I like the website. The website is quirky and its fun. It makes things feel personal, and I always get the sense of discovery when I'm browsing. I am worried that if you make a fancy pants new slick website, you will become more corporate, sort of like what happened to Spier and Mackay. As it is, the prices have gone up a lot, and I know that it's not your fault, but the reality is that at the end of the day I can only spend so much money on a shirt and so much money on a pair of pants. While I came late to the Luxire party, I don't want it to end on me now. If you get more corporate, I would be sad. So here's an impassioned plea to keep the website funky, keep things fun, keep me well dressed as affordably as possible, and keep making cool stuff!

KWang94

Reaction score
@luxire I want to voice what may seem like an unpopular opinion, but I bet dollars to donuts that at least a decent number of people agree. I like the website. The website is quirky and its fun. It makes things feel personal, and I always get the sense of discovery when I'm browsing. I am worried that if you make a fancy pants new slick website, you will become more corporate, sort of like what happened to Spier and Mackay. As it is, the prices have gone up a lot, and I know that it's not your fault, but the reality is that at the end of the day I can only spend so much money on a shirt and so much money on a pair of pants. While I came late to the Luxire party, I don't want it to end on me now. If you get more corporate, I would be sad. So here's an impassioned plea to keep the website funky, keep things fun, keep me well dressed as affordably as possible, and keep making cool stuff!
"Funky" is not the same as an unintuitive web site which is poorly designed.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

We have started the exercise of redesigning the website. The first cut we saw of the new design was exactly like the current one, with a few of the issues ironed out.

Possibly the good way to move forward.

What I learn about technology is that is getting a lot more intuitive. What we are exploring now is to make the whole ordering and customization options easy-to-use.
A lot of people now visit us using their mobile. That experience needs to get better.

Pricing:
While studying other websites for design, to my surprise, I realized that we are now among the lowest priced options out there for clothing. Prices have really gone up around us beyond my own imagination.
Not making a case for us to increase prices and we do not intend to at the moment. But just pointing out the reality.

Custom made clothing, of the quality that we make, Propercloth makes, in real, high quality, substantial fabrics, made for you, made by happy tailors, is a blessing to enjoy.

When I buy stuff from the market, good brands, spending good money, I realize how shortchanged I have been.

Do not know how long the party will last, but make the best of it while it is there.

conak

Reaction score
@luxire Is it possible to select the button cuff for a pair of trousers but request that the hem be done with a straight stitch instead of the standard blind stitch (my terminology may not be exact)? While a nice look, I find it a bit delicate for my more casual trousers, especially when worn over boots with speed hooks.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Is it possible to select the button cuff for a pair of trousers but request that the hem be done with a straight stitch instead of the standard blind stitch (my terminology may not be exact)? While a nice look, I find it a bit delicate for my more casual trousers, especially when worn over boots with speed hooks.

A machine stitched hem, like in standard chinos, along with buttoned cuff? Yes, can be easily done.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Complete outfit is made by us.

Attachments

• Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-4.jpg
    Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-4.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-1.jpg
    Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-1.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-10.jpg
    Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-10.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-5.jpg
    Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-5.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-6.jpg
    Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-6.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-9.jpg
    Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-9.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-7.jpg
    Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-7.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-8.jpg
    Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-8.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-3.jpg
    Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-3.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 388
  • Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-2.jpg
    Carlos-Checks-DB-White-Jeans-Black-western-chambray-2.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 440

Seaminglyso

Reaction score
We have started the exercise of redesigning the website. The first cut we saw of the new design was exactly like the current one, with a few of the issues ironed out.

Possibly the good way to move forward.

What I learn about technology is that is getting a lot more intuitive. What we are exploring now is to make the whole ordering and customization options easy-to-use.
A lot of people now visit us using their mobile. That experience needs to get better.

Pricing:
While studying other websites for design, to my surprise, I realized that we are now among the lowest priced options out there for clothing. Prices have really gone up around us beyond my own imagination.
Not making a case for us to increase prices and we do not intend to at the moment. But just pointing out the reality.

Custom made clothing, of the quality that we make, Propercloth makes, in real, high quality, substantial fabrics, made for you, made by happy tailors, is a blessing to enjoy.

When I buy stuff from the market, good brands, spending good money, I realize how shortchanged I have been.

Do not know how long the party will last, but make the best of it while it is there.
I hear ya. It sounds ominous. To have a little dialogue on prices, and explain what I mean: Of course you need to eat. Your margins will always determine what you charge, at least as a floor. And in my mind, there is no question that you provide a great value. Also, there is no question that clothing prices have gone up all over the place.

My point was simply that my disposable income that I can allocate to clothing has not increased commensurately with the industry's price increase. Does the $75 that I pay more for the same pair of pants today than I did in 2019 mean that the pants are not a good deal? Of course not. They are still a great deal. But it does mean that I can't get ass many pants as I would have been able to at the 2019 prices. And if prices continue to rise, I have no doubt that Luxire will continue to represent a good value, I will just be able to afford much less of it.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not ominous :)
As a consumer of many products and services, I often have the same questions, often with none to ask.

LongGoneDay

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Which are your best button down collar combos? Collar point length + collar spread and bd-collar style?

I'm also eager to try out a polo with the "Lupo"-collar. Has anyone tried out a shirt/polo with this collar recently?

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Really great show. Watched the first episode last night and I am hooked.

Thanks for letting us know about this I would have totally missed it otherwise.

That is nice to know. I hope to watch it soon too.

Blastwice

Reaction score
That is nice to know. I hope to watch it soon too.
Two questions and unfortunately I don't have screenshots, because I can't easily take grabs of Apple TV+ content...

Spatz's DB Grey Glen check reminiscent of the famous North by Northwest suiting in episode 2 (The Hour)-- is that fabric available for makeups?

The British diplomat (also in Ep. 2 The Hour) wears a navy pinstripe 3 PC suit. Christian Dior may also be wearing a similar suiting fabric while in one of the scenes where he's designing. Is that fabric available for makeups?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads