• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

JimmyTre

Reaction score
Is the band unlined too? If so, I'd add an unfused, medium-weight lining to the collar band next time.
Yes, the collar band itself is also unlined. I will try the medium lining next time.

Any idea of whether a local tailor can add a lining to my current shirt?

henaal

Reaction score
@luxire , I have a question regarding shirt patterns and though I would ask it here as I’m most likely not the only one with the question, so answering this might help many others (this kind of information would be valuable to have on your website!).

I have now a good pattern for dress shirts to be worn tucked in and would like to start ordering casual shirts to be worn untucked. For the casual shirts, I would like to take advantage of the numerous small tweaks to my dress pattern over the 10 or such pairs.

My end goal: having two separate patterns, one for dress shirts, one for casual. I know you work with paper patterns, and would like to hear from you how I could communicate my need in such way that it is clear, understandable and creates as little trouble as possible on your side. I have no idea how a paper pattern can be “duplicated” with changes to the measurements.

Can the following be written in the notes, and that would do the trick? What I really want to avoid is my dress pattern to be “destroyed” in the process.

“Please create a new “casual” shirt pattern that is based on my "dress" pattern (order #xxxxxx) with following measurement changes: 1) Waist XX cm, 2) length XX cm, 3) bicep XX cm.“

The idea is that all other parts of the shirt would stay as they are in my dress shirts, but make the body a bit shorter and roomier, and add slightly to the arm width. Thanks and happy new year!

Quesjac

Reaction score
Can the following be written in the notes, and that would do the trick? What I really want to avoid is my dress pattern to be “destroyed” in the process.

I don't think it will ever be destroyed, I often refer back to old patterns when I need to.

“Please create a new “casual” shirt pattern that is based on my "dress" pattern (order #xxxxxx) with following measurement changes: 1) Waist XX cm, 2) length XX cm, 3) bicep XX cm.“

Exactly like this.

@luxire can clarify of course, but I think this is fine and you can go ahead and order.

emptym

Reaction score
Yes, the collar band itself is also unlined. I will try the medium lining next time.

Any idea of whether a local tailor can add a lining to my current shirt?
I don't know for sure. Each tailor would probably have different things they'd be willing or able to do. If they could and would do it, I'd guess it'd be expensive. But I don't really know. You might consider sending the shirt back to Luxire to have the band lined. Or you could ask them to make and send a new band and collar that you could then have a local tailor attach.

It'd be worth asking the local tailor for prices on the first and third options (having them line the existing band or attaching the new band and collar). But I'd probably just send it back to Luxire, since I'd trust them to do it well.

gmehra

Reaction score
Planning to order my first pair of trousers through Luxire. I like the idea of being able to wear them with or without a belt. Do you guys think it's awkward to wear a pair of trousers without a belt if they have belt loops?

RickyTakhar

Reaction score
Planning to order my first pair of trousers through Luxire. I like the idea of being able to wear them with or without a belt. Do you guys think it's awkward to wear a pair of trousers without a belt if they have belt loops?
Not really, depends on there formality. I wear casual trousers like chinos and denim without a belt and they have belt loops.

gmehra

Reaction score
Not really, depends on there formality. I wear casual trousers like chinos and denim without a belt and they have belt loops.
Thanks! Im planning to order some formalish chinos like these that I can wear with a blazer, shirt, and tie (sometimes) - Im leaning towards keeping the belt loops

emptym

Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't wear pants w/ loops w/o a belt, unless my waistline was covered by a sweater or untucked shirt.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Albini Yellow With Blue Stripes

* Semi-spread Collar.
* One-button barrel Cuff.
* Back Side Pleats.
* No pocket.
* Standard Placket.

#32325_1.jpg

#32325_2.jpg

#32325_3.jpg

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire , I have a question regarding shirt patterns and though I would ask it here as I’m most likely not the only one with the question, so answering this might help many others (this kind of information would be valuable to have on your website!).

I have now a good pattern for dress shirts to be worn tucked in and would like to start ordering casual shirts to be worn untucked. For the casual shirts, I would like to take advantage of the numerous small tweaks to my dress pattern over the 10 or such pairs.

My end goal: having two separate patterns, one for dress shirts, one for casual. I know you work with paper patterns, and would like to hear from you how I could communicate my need in such way that it is clear, understandable and creates as little trouble as possible on your side. I have no idea how a paper pattern can be “duplicated” with changes to the measurements.

The idea is that all other parts of the shirt would stay as they are in my dress shirts, but make the body a bit shorter and roomier, and add slightly to the arm width. Thanks and happy new year!

Very valid query.
Yes, you can add to the notes: "Please make a new pattern "Henaal Casual", based on my last pattern #abcde. The required changes are as below:
1) Waist XX cm, 2) length XX cm, 3) bicep XX cm.
Please mark my old pattern, #abcde as "Henaal Dress".

CDRiis

Reaction score
Just a note on production times.
I placed two orders for BF - one had some 2-3 shirts and two pairs of pants in it (and I had to send in a shirt for measurements), the other was just straight up one pair of pants.
The one item order (which incidentally was placed a day later) was shipped the other day and should get here the day after tomorrow. The other order ran into a fabric that was out of stock as well, but production has started.

Moral: placing a smaller, simpler order = faster turn around (unless you run into fabrics that are out of stock).

henaal

Reaction score
Many thanks for both replies! I actually placed the order yesterday with pretty much what I wrote in my post, will send an email regarding the addition of pattern "naming".
I assume the same approach works with pants as well? When I receive my next pair of "dress" trousers, it is time to start ordering more casual versions with a slightly adjusted fit.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Navy Striped Oxford Shirt

* White Mother of Pearl Button
* Split Yoke
* No Gusset
* Boat Curve Bottom
* No Pocket
* No Pleat
* No Placket
* One-Button Rounded Cuff
* English Spread Collar

#32157_1.jpg

#32157_2.jpg

#32157_3.jpg

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads