• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A lot of people ask if we can do contrast lining on cuffs and collars.

The answer is yes, with pleasure. Just choose the lining fabric and let us know in the notes on the shopping cart page.

And a denim shirt, available in 7.5 oz and 10 oz blue, black denims. Like all our fabrics, the denims are also special. The one shown below is called silk denim, though its 100% cotton. The weave adds some luster to the fabric and it softens gradually. Retains its color better.

emptym

Reaction score
Here are some lightweight poplins, mtm from Luxire:

They followed my measurements exactly and the fit is excellent -- imo, as good as mtm can get without multiple fittings with a tailor. I attribute most of the wrinkles to the light weight of the fabric. The only thing I'd change is to move the belt loops a bit in toward the center..

Last edited:

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[sticks neck out] No, it's too baggy. Somewhat grey overkill, also, and the pants are worn below the waist. All fixable, of course.

emptym

Reaction score
The shirt is actually blue and white. Does look washed out and gray here though. Wasn't really trying to come up w/ a great outfit. I chose that shirt and tie when taking pics of Ambrosi and Chan pants, and then left the same shirt and tie on keep the focus on the pants. But I might wear this combo with some type of contrasting sport coat over it.

The fit to me is about as good as it gets. I hate tight shirts. This is conforms well to my body but gives me enough room for free movement. The pants have an 11.5" rise and are right at my waist.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

prozach1576

Reaction score
Ordered an OCBD in the sky blue summer oxford this afternoon. These look like a really solid value.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two shirts shipped as of today, can't wait to see how they turned out.

pasey25

Reaction score

Hand Attached Collar on a Luxire Shirt. We now make hand made shirts on request. The quality of the handwork is amazing.

this is interesting. what is the cost of this service and what does it entail?

do you offer shanked buttons?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
this is interesting. what is the cost of this service and what does it entail?
do you offer shanked buttons?

The service entails quality hand work all round as detailed in the images below.
The collar is completely attached by hand. The sleeve attachment, and yoke are hand finished. The gusset is added by hand or the side seams are reinforced by hand. The buttons are attached and shanked by hand. Buttonholes are hand-made. The cost is an additional $100 for the service.
Add this product to the cart along with your shirt to order.

On all our shirts, the buttons are shanked by hand after they are machine-attached.

Hand-attached collar

Click on image to see hand finished sleeve and yoke, buttons and buttonholes

The inside of the sleeve attachment. The quality of finish can be analyzed by looking inside here.

Hand-shanked buttons and hand made buttonholes

Last edited:

pasey25

Reaction score
that looks really good.

for your white fabrics, can you confirm which are not see through. Particularly interested in the twill & herringbone options.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
that looks really good.
for your white fabrics, can you confirm which are not see through. Particularly interested in the twill & herringbone options.

None of the whites we currently carry are see-through, except may be the Honegger, which is a very fine weave.

prozach1576

Reaction score

Ordered an OCBD in the sky blue summer oxford this afternoon. These look like a really solid value.

Received my shirt this morning from FedEx.

I have to say that I am blown away at the quality, speed, and service at this price point. I wanted a casual OCBD so I coped the measurements off an Epaulet chambray BD shirt. I even copied the collar measurements and linked them to a photo of what I wanted (since the Epaulet BD collars are amazing). They said they could replicate it and suggested that the regular (as opposed to summer) oxford fabric would be better, to which I agreed.

The measurements of the shirt and collar are absolutely spot-on. The only issue is the button placement on the collar, which is a little too low to get the Epaulet "high stance" effect. This is my own fault for not specifying though, and I'll just have someone move the buttons for me when I get a chance and specify the placement more precisely on my next order.

The shirt is very well made...probably as nice or nicer than MyTailor.com (I will withhold final judgment here until I have some experience with how they do proper dress shirt collars). The MOP buttons are certainly much nicer, and they are sewn very well. The stitching in general is very high quality. My only quibble quality-wise is that the buttonholes are not the greatest, which is a little noticeable on the collar. I'm not a buttonhole fanatic by any means and rarely pay attention to them, but these struck me as looking slightly messy.

Overall Luxire seems almost too good to be true. I will be ordering many more shirts in the near future.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Added your site to my "favorites". Will try your shirts next time I'm in the market.

I hope that you can go slimmer than the parachute pictured above.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads