• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

emptym

Reaction score
Dear gents,
I copied the spandexter collar for my 3rd shirt of Luxire.
I'm quite happy with the shirt and fit at all, but the collar looks different to the original spandexter. The original looks more like an C, mine more like a V. You will see what I mean on the pictures.
Did I just had misfortune by a bad copy or what else could the reason?

I have three thoughts:

1) Yours looks better than the original.
2) The pictures seem to be taken from different angles, namely yours was taken higher than the other. Your collar has some curve, but not as much as the original. If it was taken from below, it might show more curve.
3) If you really want to increase the curve, you might try a longer collar with a stiffer lining. But that's just a guess.

@bsarosi 's idea regarding the tie knot could also be true. In general, the thickness of the tie could be part of it, since a thicker tie would push the collar out a bit more than a thin one. Cinching the tie up tightly, as in the original pic, would also create some roundness. But again, imo, yours looks better than the other, more proportional, natural, and relaxed.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear gents,
I copied the spandexter collar for my 3rd shirt of Luxire.
I'm quite happy with the shirt and fit at all, but the collar looks different to the original spandexter. The original looks more like an C, mine more like a V. You will see what I mean on the pictures.
Did I just had misfortune by a bad copy or what else could the reason?
(Yes I used the right order# 6329
wink.gif
)

My collar:

Spandexter's:

As someone who regularly orders a modified version of the Spandexter collar, I have two thoughts:

- I agree with @emptym that the picture angle is part of the issue. Pictures taken from a downward angle (looking up) emphasize the curve of that collar more.
- The collar is not sitting on your neck the same as @Spandexter because it does not fit your neck as well. I had a very similar issue, which I solved by narrowing the neck size to get a tighter fit and adjusting for a forward neck position. It now sits on my neck much better, which has resulted in less straight line v and more curve. I also extended the collar points 0.5 inch as the finishing touch.

Good luck!

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like part of the reason for the 'V' look is your tie knot is smaller compared to the other pic. As a result, there's less curve in your collar and more of the 'V' shape. Don't think it has to do with measurements of the collar.
That was my initial thought too.

lliryc

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
I agree with the angle. It looks quite different, if I take a photo from the position of my belt. Also I tried a Windsor-Knot and the collar got more curve, but not as shown as on the photo.

@NewShoes1: Interesting suggestion. There is space for 2 fingers and the neck feels comfortable. May you can tell me where you can see that the neck doesn´t fit?
I will have a chat with luxire to curve the collar more. If I get presentable results, I´ll share with you.

Thanks for your help! :)

AlexRamius

Reaction score
I'm sorry to insist but my purchase is awaiting... Is there a mistake ?

B

It's VAT.
It seems that Luxire has started to apply it :(
Combined with the 25$ shipping to Europe and the EUR/USD market value, Luxire's getting expensive :p

bmartin

Reaction score
It's VAT.
It seems that Luxire has started to apply it :(
Combined with the 25$ shipping to Europe and the EUR/USD market value, Luxire's getting expensive :p
Thanks Alex !

That's clear ! It's now obviously expensive. What a pity.

I need a new shirts's provider or we need to make a grouped order. Do you konw providers in Paris ?

B

Last edited:

ErikJN

Reaction score
Maybe you could ask them whether they could waive the fee, and leave the responsibility for taxes and duties to the customer? That's what they do for non-EU residents (at least for Norway). We pay $15 shipping, and deal with customs etc. ourselves.

EDIT: and YMMV, but I think the value delta between Luxire and other online MTM stores is still hugely in Luxires favour.

Last edited:

bmartin

Reaction score
Maybe you could ask them whether they could waive the fee, and leave the responsibility for taxes and duties to the customer? That's what they do for non-EU residents (at least for Norway). We pay $15 shipping, and deal with customs etc. ourselves.

EDIT: and YMMV, but I think the value delta between Luxire and other online MTM stores is still hugely in Luxires favour.

That's a good point !

Over and above the cost of shirts, this is especially the numbers of customisation ! There is no, IMHO, providers like that in Paris!

I'll ask to Luxire for taxes.

PS : In France we paid $25 !

B

Last edited:

Jim Wood

Reaction score
I'm looking to have some shirts made in a cotton-wool blend, à la Viyella shirts. I'd like classic country patterns like checks, plaids, tattersalls, or tartans. My search on the Luxire website didn't turn up anything, but that may not mean those options aren't actually available. Suggestions?

ptr1988

Reaction score
What are the measurements for the BD collar by Broke and Bespoke? I want to make it a little bit smaller and how would I specify that to Luxire. Thanks

Spandexter

Reaction score

I agree with the angle. It looks quite different, if I take a photo from the position of my belt. Also I tried a Windsor-Knot and the collar got more curve, but not  as shown as on the photo.

@NewShoes1: Interesting suggestion. There is space for 2 fingers and the neck feels comfortable. May you can tell me where you can see that the neck doesn´t fit? 
I will have a chat with luxire to curve the collar more. If I get presentable results, I´ll share with you. 

The difference might be a couple of things:
1. My big ass knot (thick tie that one!)
2. The picture angle
3. I am a small guy. The collar height may mean the collar sits higher on my neck than yours.
4. It may depend on the stiffness/fusing of the particular fabric.
5. I have bendable metal collar stays I use on occasion to shape the look of the collar depending on my preference/mood for the day.

You can check out more shots in my gallery here or on my Instagram.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with the angle. It looks quite different, if I take a photo from the position of my belt. Also I tried a Windsor-Knot and the collar got more curve, but not as shown as on the photo.

My initial thought was that the collar sits lower on your neck compared with Spandexter's neck. I also initially noticed that you have excess fabric between the second button and the top of the collar, which makes it look like it is sagging on you. Looking more closely now, I think both impressions are a result of how you are standing. It looks like you have your chin forward and your neck extended while leaning forward. I suspect you will see the collar look more normal if you stand more normally and take the picture from a lower angle.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cosign.

As long as you're willing to go through the trial period of getting your measurements down, Luxire will remain a compelling deal for a long time even as the cost of doing business rises.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viratwilliiame