• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luciano Barbera suit?

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I obviously can't comment on your specific suit. However, every suit that I have handled in person with that tag has been fused. People can be confused about fully canvassed vs. half canvassed. And I could also be wrong about your particular suit. If you like your suit and the price you paid, and it fits, then you should be happy.

noVA99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
I have seen three different Luciano Barbera lines. The Club, the Collezione Sartoriale, and whatever line I believe this suit is from. I think some have been calling it the mainline. I see this line quite often on discount at Filene's for about $1,000 minus whatever suit discount they have going on at the time, which usually brings it down to about $750. They are fused from what I've experienced, and nowhere close to the quality of the Collezione Sartoriale suits. Of course, I could be wrong, having not actually seen this particular suit in person, but this is what I assume is the case with your suit.

I have seen Barbera suits at Filene's as well. I couldn't find any tag that spelled out what line they were from. I assume the Barbera suits sold at Filene's are all fused? The suit is 'stiff', it doesnt drape like my Canali does so I assume this is a dead giveaway for a fuse suit?? I tried the 'pinch method', seeing if I could feel any canvas between the fabric bit I didnt feel any...or maybe it was too thin of a canvas to feel it.....any advice on Filene Barbera suits?

wind88

Reaction score
I believe this suit is from bluefly. I finally got a chance to try the suit on last night and it fits and drapes amazingly. The fabric is super soft and it is indeed fully canvassed.

noVA99

Reaction score
the suit I tried on was nice, the fabric and all, it just felt a little 'stiff' compared to my Canali suits...so don't know if this is an indication of it being fused or just the way the suit is.

wind88

Reaction score
Hmm, that's quite interesting. zbromer said the same thing about all LB he saw at Filene's being fused. I'm not sure why this is but stiff is the last word I would use to describe this suit. Then I could be wrong because I don't own any Canali suits so I cant compare. However, this particular LB suit is from bluefly and according to another SFer that have bought a similar suit from bluefly also said his suit was fully canvassed as well.

leon12

Reaction score
That suit is the exact one that I bought from bluefly.. they had 1 42R and a few 46R's. It's fully canvassed with a lot of nice details, certainly not stiff. It was a good buy at the bluefly price..

noVA99

Reaction score
I googled about this and looked through older posts and it seems LB stopped offering their fused suit line, a.k.a. club line, a few years ago. Can anyone confirm that all LB suits at Filene's are fully canvassed?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads