• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis Vuitton Shirt

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like I said, when I get paid to type, I'll check it over. Too bad you people don't get paid to edit what people type on the internet, you would be rich!

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
Like I said, when I get paid to type, I'll check it over. Too bad you people don't get paid to edit what people type on the internet, you would be rich!

As would you if you got paid for each overly defensive comment.
laugh.gif

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your not following my argument. It was that people are defending indie brands under the guise of other arguments, like the one you pointed out. Get it now?

The reason you are still an idiot is as follows: No one has mentioned Indie brands. Kiton, Borrelli, Edward Green, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Isaia, Lorenzini, Zegna are not "Indie" in the manner in which you reference the term.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having owned someLv Shirts it is equal to any premium line, the only ones that stand out in my mind of having a superior construction are CDG and richard pava.
Of course almost no one on this forum would wear CDG but the constutction iis assuredly superior. And Pava could almost be consided wearable by the gentry that frequent this forum plus the fact if you go to Bogota he will do mtm.

Your questioned answered I still say you brought violin to a death metal concert.

lpwb32

Reaction score
Your not following my argument. It was that people are defending indie brands under the guise of other arguments, like the one you pointed out. Get it now?

no, you're not following anyone's argument... nor your own for that matter. one of your first posts said you like LV because its more exclusive and you won't end up seeing other people with the same gear. then you began excusing the responders as people who only like exclusive indie brands and dislike the mainstream. which one is it?

does anyone else get the sense that we have phatty tuna reincarnated here in another name and price level?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
seriouscat.jpg

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Have you ever been in an LV store? Their sales people are the cleanest cut I've ever seen. You'd be fired on the spot if you walked in with the goofy haircuts they let sales people get away with at those god-awful Italian retailers. Go into the store before you criticize.

When I said "these brands" I was talking about the classics, the one's I PERSONALLY enjoy. Prada and Gucci arn't flare-ups, I still find it hard to buy some of thier products as most of them are too gottti for me, but half the crap I see people talking about on here I definitly consider a "flare-up", where will these brands be in 10 years? Probably no where when they can't adapt to changeing styles, which is what thier customers want. The clothing compaies I like will be around forever, hense why they're considered classics. Why will they be around forever? Becasue they don't produce trendy crap as a main source of thier revenue.

LV puts out tons of crap I'd never wear, most of it influenced by Italian designers. I looked at all thier loafers and there was ONE pair I liked, but, they still produce way more stuff that is nice and will be nice for a long time. I got my GF a purse from there a couple months ago, its the same purse, SAME PURSE, you could have purchased in 1930, 1940, 1950, etc. etc. and it still looks great. Every major brand is going to produce some really trendy stuff, the different is LV doesn't rely on that as a major source of thier income. Look at any of thier stores, 3/4s of the floor/shelf space is dedicated to items they have been selling FOR YEARS!

lol8[1].gif
Boy, you really make me laugh. It seems that you have the best grip on things than anyone in this forum.

First off, yes, I have actually gone into an LV store. As a matter of fact, I can count 4 different countries where I've gone in an LV store. The group that brings in LV here, I am familiar with and have personal relationships with, even. No big deal, brother.

Oh, then you bring out idioms like "flare ups" and "indie", that along with your grammar which reflects poorly on the quality of your English teacher, it is a wonder no one has yet told you that your posts would be more decipherable if you have a clear and concise point.

Be that as it may, if you really think that wearing logos- SUBTLE LOGOS, of course, is the way to go for style, then good luck. I do not think you are here to accept criticisms or even suggestions but rather affirmation to your sartorial choices. I'm pretty sure you won't get much of that around here. Try going to GQ forums, or some teenager style forum where they'll not only agree with you but maybe treat you like a god for having the money- which you never fail to brag about- to buy designer duds.

no, you're not following anyone's argument... nor your own for that matter. one of your first posts said you like LV because its more exclusive and you won't end up seeing other people with the same gear. then you began excusing the responders as people who only like exclusive indie brands and dislike the mainstream. which one is it?
+1

Dsquared

Reaction score
BTW - I'm also paying the extra 100 dollars so that every third person on the street isn't wearing the same shirt I am. You can buy Prada, Polo, Gucci, etc. etc. anywhere. You can only buy LV at LV.
If you don't want to wear a same shirt as other people on the street and want to buy luxurious and the most expensive clothes on the market, you should try Versace mainline...it isn't everywhere as Prada or Gucci,isn't coverd by logos at all,isn't trendy,rarely you can shop online...you will see and feel the difference,although 'de gustibus non disputandum'

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dsquared
'de gustibus non disputandum'
what's this? Latin? "There's no arguing (disputing) matters of taste"? Ah, there's no accounting for taste... 'tis true.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Wow....never would I hear someone recommend Versace for being less "trendy" than Prada or Gucci.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow... the "hater" factor on this thread is through the roof. LVoer wanted to talk about an LV shirt he liked, and almost every respondent wanted to start a catfight over it to try and prove their tastes superior. That's super lame.

I don't own anything LV, I've been inside a few LV stores, and probably walked right past the shirts without noticing. It's not my cup of tea, but why dog-pile on someone else for liking it? People keep trying to throw barbs at him for LV stuff having prominent logos, but most of their clothes don't have any visible logos on it, unless you're buying a fake.

And who is that grammar-nazi that keeps attacking people's posts?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
Wow... the "hater" factor on this thread is through the roof. LVoer wanted to talk about an LV shirt he liked, and almost every respondent wanted to start a catfight over it to try and prove their tastes superior. That's super lame.

I don't own anything LV, I've been inside a few LV stores, and probably walked right past the shirts without noticing. It's not my cup of tea, but why dog-pile on someone else for liking it? People keep trying to throw barbs at him for LV stuff having prominent logos, but most of their clothes don't have any visible logos on it, unless you're buying a fake.

And who is that grammar-nazi that keeps attacking people's posts?

westSideStory.jpg

The SF Gang: Real Bad Mofo's.
plain.gif

raphael

Reaction score
Oh god.... I hope this forum isn't filled with a bunch of gino's who think Prada, Armani and Gucci are God's gift to the fashion industry.

I tried on a Gucci suit and I really liked the cut. It was the $1700 line. Workmanship looked no better than a basic Hugo Boss and the jacket had no drape, like a very cheap fused suit. It had an nice, if a bit flashy, pinstripe pattern and the pick stitching was just right. The buttons looked terrible - like they were taken off a stuffed animal for toddlers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads