• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis Vuitton Quality - After 3 Weeks use.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Dude, my best advice to you :
1. Let it go
2. Discuss further on purseblog.
I think you should move on to another topic here. Youre just going in circles.

Big plus 1, Spoo. :) The OP will go there to realize that this was big news and a big conversation round about 1999. 2012... not so much.

Just to recap in case members stumble on this thread in the future and want info:

(1) LV has had problems with the synthetic lining of their leather goods for a long time, at least since the mid-1990's. It's especially prevalent in Asian countries with very humid climates. They've tried to remedy the problem and on most all recent leather goods, I've not heard of the problems recently nearly as much in the past.

(2) Even if there ARE problems with flaking, under most (normal) situations LV Customer Service is very helpful. Usually, if it is within a reasonable time period and you have documentation, they'll just give you an entirely new piece. Sometimes they won't, but it depends on many factors. Most customers are quite pleased with LV's customer service. I've been on all the bag forums, including the "advanced" ones that were invite-only and have since collapsed, and all of this stuff is majorly old news.

(3) It's always helpful for a customer of any $$$ item to do his homework and know what he's getting. With a forty second google search, the OP could have gotten a wealth of information about this issue and the possible/probable outcomes of his complaint.

(4) Reality check; LV is a big, faceless company out to make money... and it does it hand over fist. Like Hermes and most of the other brands, they have various levels of customer service depending on how much you buy, how much they perceive you WILL buy, and sometimes just on your attitude/behavior when you voice a complaint to them. So, a VIP spending $25k per year will probably get a 15 year old wallet replaced for free. Likewise sometimes a random customer will get his card case replaced even if he doesn't have a receipt. Others won't get jack ****, for reasons often quite easy to guess.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's too late guys, I fear this thread has brought the multi-billion euro LVMH conglomerate to its knees :(

it's uncanny but the same thing happened in the movie V for Vendetta.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 18th of May in which you expressed your dissatisfaction with the state of your wallet." (LIES, there was no such reply.)

Lol what? The letter saying "I acknowledge receipt" is the acknowledgement...of receipt... I think you need to learn to read tbh. Is English not your first English? If not you can be excused, otherwise you're a moron.

J888www

Reaction score

Dude, my best advice to you :
1. Let it go

Very good advise but maybe your advise will be more appropriately directed to other members because as from (6/3/12) #78, I had already "Let it go", check the dates of the threads.
I just could not resist the temptation to return (7/19/12) to answer queries or to defend against attacks like.............ie below.
No doubt there will be more aggressive interjectional comments but I cannot be held responsible for people with attitudes liken to obstreperous children.

Is English not your first English? .....you're a moron.

"English not your first English?" ? ? Who's the moron, rofl.

我能講英語。我從書上了解到的
Manuel

Last edited:

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meant 'first language', obviously. Everyone makes mistakes when typing. Not everyone makes an entire thread on Styleforum to complain about **** that they've read wrong.

J888www

Reaction score

Meant 'first language', obviously...........

Was it really obvious ? or was it obvious after the the mistake was noted ?
As you are of Oriental origin and English is not your mother tongue, you can be excused, little man.

......... Not everyone.........

Not everyone makes..........
..aggressive interjectional comments .......with attitudes liken to obstreperous children
....and attack the poster rather than the post

For someone who make suggestions in regard to grammatical errors in their threads which contains these type of mistakes, this seems to reflect upon yourself.......
you're a moron.

Am curious if attacking others really does boost *********** ?

Last edited:

Mariooo

Reaction score
wait. you had the wallet for 3 weeks, and it already had sentimental value because it was a gift from your girlfriend who has later become your wife etc?

you need to slow down your life man :lol:

Last edited:

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Meant 'first language', obviously. Everyone makes mistakes when typing. Not everyone makes an entire thread on Styleforum to complain about **** that they've read wrong.
i would give your post a thumbs up but i'm on my louis vuitton ipad...
-sent from one of my four iPads

Yika

Reaction score

wait. you had the wallet for 3 weeks, and it already had sentimental value because it was a gift from your girlfriend who has later become your wife etc?
you need to slow down your life man :lol:

read/ :embar::embar:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's like he goes off his meds every couple of weeks and starts going through his e-hit list once mr. Hyde shows up... :lol:

jennafbean

Reaction score
I just purchased a Louis Vuitton wallet yesterday, and wanted to return it because there was a section of the sealant that wasn't bonded to the exterior. So, you could see little tufts of canvas, glue, when it was bent just slightly. Spoke with 4 separate LV reps at 2 different stores and they had this to say:

Manager at Rodeo Drive: "I would never sell a product like that. I cannot take it back. It should never have been sold. They need re-training over there, etc. [Long-winded, accusatory, and unprofessional rant]." <<She also tried to tell us that picking at it and taking it in and out of your pocket can cause that wear and tear. Um, in less than 24 hours and it hasn't even been put in a pocket yet?>>

Manager at Beverly Center: "Oh, that? Let me explain. They are handmade, which means there will always be imperfections. It's supposed to look like that! It's not anything you did, simply the nature of handmade goods. [Explains in a condescending voice that handmade means someone's hands actually applies the sealant.]" <<OK, then explain to me why my 4 Tumi bags all have leather sealant and none of them have this problem? So what I'm hearing is that your products are of a lower quality than my standards allow? And either you or your Rodeo Drive counterpart are full of ----?>>

Long story short, I do not believe that Louis Vuitton is a quality brand or worth the money, especially if you are looking for something durable. I totally feel for you, and if you believe that LV is the setting the standard for any sort of quality in their retail chains (customer service, products, consistency), joke's on you. Regardless of how they "typically" treat customers, my first experience was awful. Compared to all my experiences in recent memory (at Coach, Apple, Diesel, G Star), the ones at LV have been the ridiculously unpleasant. Glad to know, though, that I need not shop there anymore.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t understand why op trying to make it a big deal. LV is brand that sells product. And products could be faulty time to time. Get over it. If don’t like LV or not happy with their quality then don’t buy. Stop whining like a baby. Any product from any manufacturer could be faulty. Could be $20 shirt or a $100k car. If you don’t understand this simple rule then you are simply an idiot !

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers American Alligator wallet in brown with calf lining purchased over a year ago on one of their sales for less than a LV wallet. Just starting to get patina...

Just saying.

Carry on.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members