• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

looking for pics of cognac brown vass shoes with saphir polish

random512

Reaction score
I bought a pair of AE Dalton's in dark chili a few weeks ago. They looked pretty good. I applied some Saphir polish and it softened the leather and gave it a deeper luster. However, the polish also darkened the color a bit. So now the boots appear to have more of a traditional brown color like one would wear with a brown suit :\ I'm considering a pair of Vass shoes in cognac like this:

https://www.vass-shoes.com/en/node/99

I think the color of these shoes is light enough that Saphir polish won't wreck the color but I wanted to see if others could post pics of their Vass cognac shoes that they've polished with Saphir (polish vs wax) so I can get a better idea of the final product I'd be getting.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You seem to be reluctant to follow your own instinct in anything at all. You must start to stand on your own two feet sartorially.

random512

Reaction score
@GBR - idk what the cognac shoes are going to look like after saphir. the ae daltons caught me off guard. so before I drop another significant amt of money, seeing the result beforehand will be good risk mitigation.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@GBR - idk what the cognac shoes are going to look like after saphir. the ae daltons caught me off guard. so before I drop another significant amt of money, seeing the result beforehand will be good risk mitigation.

No, live with your decisions, things are frequently a good surprise and never a disaster. We must all make decisions and stand by them, clothes etc are no exception. What would you have done before the internet, gone barefoot because you weren't sure of the risk?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads