• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature

JBG

Reaction score
Just received a Signature madras SS in Large - I would say it is 'slightly" fitted, but it is a madras and meant to have some room - I think too fitted and it just wouldn't look right. An XL would have been way too big (I'm 6'2" 205).

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBG
Just received a Signature madras SS in Large - I would say it is 'slightly" fitted, but it is a madras and meant to have some room - I think too fitted and it just wouldn't look right. An XL would have been way too big (I'm 6'2" 205).

pit to pit and shoulder to shoulder measures would be great!

HUUUD

Reaction score
just ordered the blue ranger boots. I got the same size as my DB's.

free shipping code 3018863.

JBG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
pit to pit and shoulder to shoulder measures would be great!

Using the same measurement points as Shore above,

Large Madras (Short-Sleeve):

Pit to Pit: 24 inches
Shoulder to Shoulder: 20 inches

vvoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vvoc
is the sizing on the navy suede eastports the same as the regular leather bluchers?

also does anyone have pictures of the navy ones? and is that the one that people are accusing of having low quality? how does it compare to the regular leather bluchers (i personally have no complaint about the quality of these at all)

so i dont think anyone answered this and figured the info may be helpful so...just got my shoes, they fit just like the regular blucher mocs. the suede is a bit stiff but just as the regular blucher mocs im sure these will break in nicely really soon...

as for my question...I was considering replacing the regular orange/red laces with black nylon laces or black (maybe even blue?) leather laces...what do you guys think?

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well the standard laces are too long, I plan to replace my blucher moc laces with some leather ones. I will post pics once I get the laces in the mail.

the_state

Reaction score
I must say, LL Bean customer service is the greatest thing on earth. I did a "Quick Exchange" of a madras shirt to swap it for a smaller size. With a quick exchange, they charge you for the new item and ship it out ASAP and refund your money for the original item when they receive it. The woman I spoke with allowed me to apply my $10 giftcard that Bean gave out w/ $50+ purchases to the new shirt, and threw in another $10 gift card for the order. Essentially, I got $10 off the shirt for exchanging it, and another $10 in Bean credit.

Django

Reaction score
Having worn my ranger moc's for a few days they have definitely stretched out in the toe area, still a bit narrow though. Pleased with them overall.

And yea, LL Bean has epic customer service. I remember growing up I had a backpack I wore for 6 years and they exchanged it.

Anyone know how releases are going to work for the signature line? Are they going to release more over time, or is it all out at the beginning of the season?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i returned a parka that i outgrew.....

soundsgood

Reaction score
[/quote]
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
**** guys, I'm torn. All else being equal, which of these is the better purchase?
261644_34362_42.jpg
or
261644_75_42.jpg

oddly i bought both of these in size large, and the blue one was noticeably a lot larger than the tan one. I may have to return the blue one for a medium or a diff large.

the_state

Reaction score
^That's really weird. I bought the same blue madras in large and it was HUGE on me. Medium ended up being just a tad too small for my liking (for reference, I usually wear a large in j crew shirting). I really hope the sizing is better on other shirts, b/c there's some stuff i wanted to pick up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads