• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am wondring also.
I am a size 8 in Chucks and 7.5 in Indys.....should I go with the 7.5 or 8s?

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a size 8 in indys and found the mocs too small in a size 8. I am exchanging them for a 8.5 or 9. I'll see what fits me best without socks.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikesduc
10in Indy's, 10.5 in ranger mocs without socks. TTS for me.

Same. 10.5 in Indy's, 10.5 in Chucks, 10.5 in LLBean blucher mocs so I stuck with 10.5 on the ranger mocs. Looking forward to receiving them today.

Lysol

Reaction score
These are TINY shoes. I am a size 11 in almost every brand imaginable and these were very narrow and tight in the toe box. Returned them for a half size up and will give 'em another go.

Quality wise, they're OK.

The leather is very thin and the stitching looks flimsy. For everyone saying "What do you expect for a $70 shoe?" $70 is not a cheap shoe. If you want to compare them to your $300 "blucher mocz" of course they're cheap(er) but on a true apples to apples scale, the quality is on par with Minnetonka and about $30 more expensive. I was hoping for the quality to be on point with at least something like Sperry.

I truly feel like I'm only paying for the styling here.

skiwebster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol
These are TINY shoes. I am a size 11 in almost every brand imaginable and these were very narrow and tight in the toe box. Returned them for a half size up and will give 'em another go.

Mine are a little tight in the toe box also. However, there was a card in the bottom of the box that basically said "these shoes will be tight in the toe box when you first try them on. As you wear them and break them in, they will stretch to mold to your feet. Keep this in mind when you try on a new pair."

I got the suede bluchers and I really like them. Yeah, I probably would like the south willard quoddys more but not for another $200 or so. My only complaint is the laces as they seem way too long.

shasta

Reaction score
The two shirts I received today were way too huge - Just did a quick exchange for a size down, but I'm still thinking they might be going back.....

Reaction score
I just checked out LL Bean's Sig line line and I have to say I was mighty unimpressed especially with the pants and shorts. I have always found that the quality of jeans speaks worlds about a company or a particular line of clothing. Both Eddie Bauer and LL Bean need to get with the times in regards to jeans. I don't see a single pair of pants/jeans/shorts that I would actually wear. The color palette is also extremely unimpressive. The outerwear and baggage were thoroughly boring as well, especially the duffel bags.

The shoes are ok but in all honesty I probably still wouldn't buy any. The Chukkas are nice but J Crew's chukkas still have them beat especially the new rugged chukka. The rest are ok but again nothing I would actually buy. I will definitely be sticking with J Crew for my chukka's, and boots.

The only things I saw that I would even consider buying were a couple of the shirts and even those didn't excite me very much. I was actually pretty excited to see what this line would be like yet after seeing it, I am again completely unimpressed. I do think its a step in the right direction but they still have a ways to go before ill become a regular shopper there.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol
These are TINY shoes. I am a size 11 in almost every brand imaginable and these were very narrow and tight in the toe box. Returned them for a half size up and will give 'em another go. Quality wise, they're OK. The leather is very thin and the stitching looks flimsy. For everyone saying "What do you expect for a $70 shoe?" $70 is not a cheap shoe. If you want to compare them to your $300 "blucher mocz" of course they're cheap(er) but on a true apples to apples scale, the quality is on par with Minnetonka and about $30 more expensive. I was hoping for the quality to be on point with at least something like Sperry. I truly feel like I'm only paying for the styling here.
$70 makes for a cheap shoe man, these are made in the USA for L.L. Bean, meaning they had to get these shoes at approximately $7.00 a pair at minimum wage or more (hopefully). $79 for foreign sweatshop made shoes, ok, but $70 is cheap in 2010.

the_state

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
The two shirts I received today were way too huge - Just did a quick exchange for a size down, but I'm still thinking they might be going back.....

how does the sizing compare to, say, a j crew secret wash shirt/?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For whatever reason UPS held my package at the local distribution facility for over 24 hours, so it's still not showing out for delivery. May have to wait until Monday. Ugh.

Seafinch

Reaction score
I think it's funny ripping on the quality of a $79 shoe... They're exactly what I expected them to be quality wise... and... they look great.

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2861-1.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads