• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levi's Workwear by Filson - Now @ www.levis.com

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got the Tan Tin Cloth from last season and the Black ones from this seaosn. I know they are both 505 cuts but the tan form last year seems to fit a bit slimmer.

Picked up the Black 505's at the flagship store in Seattle a few weeks ago. Pretty cool place, worth a visit if you're in town.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Quite a long way to Seattle for me, unfortunately.

If you don't mind, I would really appreciate a measurement of the bottom hem.

theclipper

Reaction score
I just picked up one of the trucker jackets at the Filson outlet today. I'm wondering what you all think of the fit? I can't decide if it is too short or not. Would definitely appreciate any feedback. I apologize for the poor quality iphone pic.

Thanks much

jamaaltt

Reaction score
Looks good to me. Maybe a tad short but def not a deal breaker IMO. But I like all my clothes to fit slim and i hate when jackets come too far past the waist.

jasonleb1

Reaction score
I just picked up one of the trucker jackets at the Filson outlet today. I'm wondering what you all think of the fit? I can't decide if it is too short or not. Would definitely appreciate any feedback. I apologize for the poor quality iphone pic.

Thanks much

Can I ask how tall you are and what size that jacket is? That's actually exactly the fit I like on a more rugged jacket like this one.

jasonleb1

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna pick up one of these. I need a good rain jacket and this one isn't too heavy from what I've read. I've read posts saying to size up one, however I'm 5'5 and 130lbs so I was thinking about getting an XS like I normally would instead of sizing up to a S. Any input (I won't be layering this)?

It's a shame it's not available on the Levis site, they're having their friends and family sale.

Last edited:

ThomSquared

Reaction score
You are kind of stuck in my opinion, it looks a little tight at the moment but if you size up it's going to look like ****... So I say stick with what you have and see if you can stretch it out if at all possible.

theclipper

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated.

For those wondering; I'm about 5'10'' and 135lb and am wearing a size XS.

Ideally I'd have liked to try a size small but they didn't have any in stock, not sure if they'll get any either since it's the outlet store. I know the body is a little tight, but I think I'm ok with it. I just wanted to make sure it doesn't look comically short or anything. This is my first trucker jacket and I'm a bit unsure as to the ideal length and fit.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the fit. Touch short, but agreed that if you size up it will likely be too baggy. The Trucker jackets are cut on the short side though, so that's sort of what's intended.

I think I'm gonna pick up one of these. I need a good rain jacket and this one isn't too heavy from what I've read.

Be aware this may not perform that way a "true" rain jacket would, in regards to certain other fabrics. While the oil cloth finish will definitely shed water and be good for light rain, it's not literally waterproof over the long run unless you are committed to re-applying wax. Also, this piece does not breathe well, so it's easy to get a little clammy if the conditions are humid or wet w/ slightly higher temps.

jasonleb1

Reaction score
Quote:
Oh crap, that's an XS? I might be swimming in this thing then since you're 5 inches taller me.

Quote:
I don't really need a heavy duty rain jacket. I'm a student at one of the largest universities in the country and my campus is enormous (my first class is over 1/2 a mile from my second) so I constantly get caught in the rain between classes (it rains 3-4 days out of the week) - so I don't need something so over the top. However, I do live in a humid climate with higher temps in the summer (the rainiest season).
confused.gif

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Be aware this may not perform that way a "true" rain jacket would, in regards to certain other fabrics. While the oil cloth finish will definitely shed water and be good for light rain, it's not literally waterproof over the long run unless you are committed to re-applying wax. Also, this piece does not breathe well, so it's easy to get a little clammy if the conditions are humid or wet w/ slightly higher temps.

This. It is most definitely NOT a rain jacket guys.

Kwaker

Reaction score
XS is your best fit ... an S would force you to wear thicker layers to fill it out
Once it's broken in, it won't look like a straight-jacket ... technically, tin cloth does not stretch, it will just conform better to your shape.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ he's right--mine has not stretched, but it def relaxes and fits to the body with wear.

theclipper

Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I think I'll go ahead and keep this one and start breaking it in. Might try to find a pair of paints with a bit higher rise than those jeans to offset the jacket being just a bit on the short side.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads