• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's crank out 100,000 pullups this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I noticed that as well. I might do an odd day of pull up varieties instead of doing my normal routine of weights/gravity just to help a little more. Why you gotta quote my post then mention how much fail is going on? I hate you.

A tracking mechanism to make sure we're adding properly, which is what it seems that others are doing haha.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well crap, time to step it up!!!
1676 + 50 = 1726.

1726 + 63 (yesterday) and + 52 (today) = 1841

We need some more participants. I'm doing over 250 a week. Not sure how much more I can do unless I concentrate solely on pullups for pull exercises.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1726 + 63 (yesterday) and + 52 (today) = 1841
We need some more participants. I'm doing over 250 a week. Not sure how much more I can do unless I concentrate solely on pullups for pull exercises.

Yep, I agree. Hopefully some folks will pick up pullups. I'm doing about as many as you are and don't think I could do anymore. The weighted pullups are ripping me UP...but definitely seeing nice results in my back/biceps.

+ 30 to get a nice pump going before going out tonight.

= 1871.

godofcoffee

Reaction score
I love this thread. I've done at least 40 pull-ups a day for the past six months or so; can I get back credit?

Edit: just did 30 in my apartment,

= 1901

Last edited:

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No back credit, but good work anyways!!!

Taking the day off of pullups today. Blasted my quads so I am le tired. :embar:

godofcoffee

Reaction score
So here's a question that's both dumb and vain--does anybody know why there's no Guinness record for most pull-ups in one minute? Is it too difficult to measure, or are standards too divergent?

This site seems to carry the torch right now, but my impression of Guinness Records is that if none exists right now I could sneak in and make it into the database with only 40 or so.

Last edited:

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1921 + 40 = 1961

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So here's a question that's both dumb and vain--does anybody know why there's no Guinness record for most pull-ups in one minute? Is it too difficult to measure, or are standards too divergent?
This site seems to carry the torch right now, but my impression of Guinness Records is that if none exists right now I could sneak in and make it into the database with only 40 or so.

Woah... hold the presses. Did you say that you can do 40 bw pullups in a minute? Are you an uber-climber or something? The only people I've known who can crank out 20+ sets are all climbers. One girl I knew weighed maybe a buck ten, and I saw her do 15 fingertip pullups easily, falling down drunk.

In any case, I think that we have ourselves a ringer right here.

godofcoffee

Reaction score

Woah... hold the presses. Did you say that you can do 40 bw pullups in a minute? Are you an uber-climber or something? The only people I've known who can crank out 20+ sets are all climbers. One girl I knew weighed maybe a buck ten, and I saw her do 15 fingertip pullups easily, falling down drunk.
In any case, I think that we have ourselves a ringer right here.

I'm being optimistic with 40; I can do 30-35 right now, because the fully-extended-arm requirement is a *****. My procedure is pretty much to do 23 in the first 30 seconds, hang for a bit, and then bang out another 12. But I bet with time I could get up to 40. (I'm not a climber, I'm just really light and built funny with legs that are practically vestigial appendages.)

15 fingertip pullups is huge for a girl. You should tell her to get in touch with the Guinness people too.

1961 + 40 = 2001

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm being optimistic with 40; I can do 30-35 right now, because the fully-extended-arm requirement is a *****. My procedure is pretty much to do 23 in the first 30 seconds, hang for a bit, and then bang out another 12. But I bet with time I could get up to 40. (I'm not a climber, I'm just really light and built funny with legs that are practically vestigial appendages.)
15 fingertip pullups is huge for a girl. You should tell her to get in touch with the Guinness people too.
1961 + 40 = 2001

Did a dropset today with +45(7)+35(3)+25(3)+BW(4). Damn near killed me. Did a few additional BW ones as well.

2001 + 17 + 30 = 2048

Reborn

Reaction score

LA Guy so whats the deal, are chin-ups counting as 1 or as .5, seems like thatguymj is counting them as 1.

If you can only squeak out 9 chin ups in 3 sets, I think they should count as 1 each. We should be encouraging those who can't do pull ups to start with chin ups then work over to pull ups.

Counting sets of 30 chin ups would be helpful in padding our numbers, but I think it would go against the idea behind this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads