• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JackoDo

Reaction score
When you guys wear your Lemaire pants, what do you do to mitigate wrinkles/creases? I don't want to dry clean mine too frequently, for fear it damaging/weakening the product.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My secret is that I don't wear them at all.

It you have concerns though, spend the few extra bucks and send it to rave fabricare in AZ, USA.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you guys wear your Lemaire pants, what do you do to mitigate wrinkles/creases? I don't want to dry clean mine too frequently, for fear it damaging/weakening the product.

You can pull up the legs when you sit down to mitigate the knee bag.
Hang them up between each wear instead of folding them and putting them into a drawer. If they are excessively wrinkled, you can iron them with the lowest heat setting with a thin towel in between the iron and the fabric to not risk damaging the fabric. Press and hold the iron on the same spot for 10-15 sec, do not pull it across the fabric when ironing.

baklanyc

Reaction score

You can pull up the legs when you sit down to mitigate the knee bag.
Hang them up between each wear instead of folding them and putting them into a drawer. If they are excessively wrinkled, you can iron them with the lowest heat setting with a thin towel in between the iron and the fabric to not risk damaging the fabric. Press and hold the iron on the same spot for 10-15 sec, do not pull it across the fabric when ironing.

Additionally, after wearing them you can hang them in the bathroom (from trouser hangers so that the legs hang straight down uninterrupted) while you take a hot shower, and allow ambient steam to release any wrinkles and minor creases.

baklanyc

Reaction score
Just in case there might be Lemaire basics to be had in it, I checked out the Uniqlo U collection in person. Overall impression: Meh. Walked away without buying anything.

It's a lot of very typically Uniqlo basics. Cashmere was super thin and slightly oversized, outerwear seemed to run with slightly wider shoulders in some, narrow in others. Generally nothing I would ever have given a second glance if I didn't know it was something Lemaire worked on. And knowing Lemaire worked on them made me feel disappointed in the entire collection.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On a more serious note, I don't think you should really be concerned with wearing down your pants unless you are not rotating them daily (e.g. shoes). Even then, unless you're hiking or just rolling on the floor for no reason (drunk?), don't worry.

Get them pressed, buy a pair of trouser hangers, and store after use on said hanger. I have other pants that I wear regularly for work and unless I want to keep a perfect crease don't even need to get them pressed regularly. I am at desk all day pretty much and cross my legs whichever way, wrinkles are minimal or it will go away after being hung for a day. (100% wool btw.)

I have a pair of Lemaire Elasticated Waist pants that has a light fade around the left knee but that is also because it is indigo dyed supposedly. It is also some of Lemaire's more casual pants so I personally don't mind it. That said I have a dozen other Lemaire pants in wool or cotton that are single, double pleated or just flat front. TBH I cannot imagine the pants wearing down any faster than the pants I bought from Lands End.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next Lemaire runway show should be styled by Greg Lauren so we can all worry less about what our gear looks like when it gets janky.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody have any clue why Lemaire is still listed on the designer index of MrPorter but they haven't actually stocked anything in 3 seasons? It doesn't look like it's on any of the MrP sites for any region.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1f614.png

They said "we don't have any notes of new items on hand" which doesn't explain anything at all. Just like I asked totokaelo about that size 54 Geller shirt and they said "the label is Japanese 4"...

John-Galt

Reaction score
Emailing Lemaire for a list of stockists isn't helpful either. Inquired two days ago for Canadian stores and the list failed to include two new retailers which I shockingly discovered carry Lemaire.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I ask who the other 2 stores you discovered are? Always nice have options which don't have to cross the border

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member