• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

yunBW

Reaction score
Long shot, but does anyone know any retailer that have it on sale? so far only found a single retailer that carries it...

1674065001307.png

Pums

Reaction score
For those with twisted trousers any fit pics ?

I’m not sure if i should ben them or just let them stack or fold them.

So it’s hem, stack or fold

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realized too late that I would love a black heavy Wrap coat. Never followed Lemaire - do the same coat styles return each FW?

looseandwavey

Reaction score

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Superb0bo typically, they don’t run the exact same item again but often have a different version for a few seasons where they continually make little changes.
like @looseandwaveysaid there’s a wrap coat looking piece in the AW23 show. Definitely black, not sure about other colours.
0BEF94EE-AD3B-4E36-8BC3-D1C5D1A77152.jpeg

same as you I resisted the pewter green version all season and then when they were all gone I really regretted missing it so if anybody sees a pewter green XL (or L) please let me know.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t like how the discussion moved away from the forum to a private channel. People use to share their latest purchases here, talk about how tops and pants fit, and how great the fabrics are. Even if the chatter muted over the years for one reason or another, tbh no one has time nowadays to parse through different avenues just to rationalize buying another long coat, etc. I hope such discussions can return to this thread in some form. Even just about the upcoming season, what you like, is great. Like the last few posts.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some good ones I've found -

※ MODEL 175cm CIGAR , SIZE S 着用

169986496_o6.jpg

169986496_o7.jpg

169986496_o9.jpg

For those with twisted trousers any fit pics ?

I’m not sure if i should ben them or just let them stack or fold them.

So it’s hem, stack or fold

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t like how the discussion moved away from the forum to a private channel. People use to share their latest purchases here, talk about how tops and pants fit, and how great the fabrics are. Even if the chatter muted over the years for one reason or another, tbh no one has time nowadays to parse through different avenues just to rationalize buying another long coat, etc. I hope such discussions can return to this thread in some form. Even just about the upcoming season, what you like, is great. Like the last few posts.
Toastmeister wassup dude?!?!?!? Long time no talk 🥹. Missed u bro

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Toastmeister wassup dude?!?!?!? Long time no talk 🥹. Missed u bro
🥰

Wanted to share this yesterday, wore to work. Lemaire adjacent, Uniqlo U from a few seasons ago. Really loving this suit they in cotton linen mix. Lower lapel gorge height, internal chest pockets L/R, full fitting tho the pants do taper. Good inseam for me. No alterations. The fabric does lend itself to bagging around the knees after sitting long time, but that’s part of the charm. And easy to shake out. Plus, most people would not bat an eye in the workplace. Only thing is it’s not warm during this time of the year but can easily layer a sweater underneath and tuck (drawstring closure, zip fly, high rise). Don’t care for the drawstrings but there are belt loops that I appreciate.

picked up the black set up, too. A little harder to wear IMO, but didn’t have a black suit per se so it fills that gap. Now, here’s to the collab coming out with something similar but in a hardier fabric, wool cotton blend would be great. On that note, of everything I’ve bought from the lemaire and Uniqlo collab, they’ve all been great of the things indo

on Lemaire, my one quibble with the clothes nowadays is the increased blend of poly. Makes me appreciate even more the wool coats and sweaters I was able to buy and keep (wool seed stitch S/S sweater, very open and breezy, yak wool mix joints (got three of them that keep me cozy), wool coats). I’m still very interested in a lemaire suit as well as jumpsuit. So keeping my eyes open in those.

3FDDBD6F-3D21-4760-8B87-3A68EECC3875.jpeg

cafedandy2

Reaction score
Wanted to share this yesterday, wore to work. Lemaire adjacent, Uniqlo U from a few seasons ago. Really loving this suit they in cotton linen mix. Lower lapel gorge height, internal chest pockets L/R, full fitting tho the pants do taper. Good inseam for me. No alterations. The fabric does lend itself to bagging around the knees after sitting long time, but that’s part of the charm. And easy to shake out. Plus, most people would not bat an eye in the workplace. Only thing is it’s not warm during this time of the year but can easily layer a sweater underneath and tuck (drawstring closure, zip fly, high rise). Don’t care for the drawstrings but there are belt loops that I appreciate.

picked up the black set up, too. A little harder to wear IMO, but didn’t have a black suit per se so it fills that gap. Now, here’s to the collab coming out with something similar but in a hardier fabric, wool cotton blend would be great. On that note, of everything I’ve bought from the lemaire and Uniqlo collab, they’ve all been great of the things indo

on Lemaire, my one quibble with the clothes nowadays is the increased blend of poly. Makes me appreciate even more the wool coats and sweaters I was able to buy and keep (wool seed stitch S/S sweater, very open and breezy, yak wool mix joints (got three of them that keep me cozy), wool coats). I’m still very interested in a lemaire suit as well as jumpsuit. So keeping my eyes open in those.

View attachment 1883043
I still use this one a lot from U 2020SS! I did remember we were discussing this on the Uniqlo thread then, for me, one of better suits from the collab - so I got all colors, too, but mostly use this blue and the brown one. The pants have the same silhouette as I compared with a wide-fit tapered Lemaire pair I have, they indeed share a lot of details with this that I appreciate so it works well with the mainline. I like wearing it with the piped slippers most of the time. For me, the other good suit they put out was the 2018 wool-poly version with no breast pocket, with which the ones that came after were all 100% poly.

In terms of the poly content, indeed there's a concern on this, but there are pieces that I got good experience with like the tropical wool DB belted jacket and also the cotton-polyamide SS22 regular collar shirt which keep their form most of the time I wear. When I met Sarah-Linh last month when she visited HCMC, we touched on this briefly and she shared that it's something they wanted to explore for durability, but still highly prioritize higher natural fabric content. It's different case with the U line, in which the high poly content on most pieces is something that Uniqlo requires for most of their customers who want pieces which can easily be thrown in the washing machine (she also shared that sometimes she is like that, haha!) Also remembered an interview where she and Christophe also did mention about how they like to design most of their mainline pieces to also easily be in the wash.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads